Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64x Unboxing videos  (Read 29501 times)

Description:

Offline number6

Re: C64x Unboxing videos
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »
@thread

Free advertising of sorts worldwide?

source

Offline number6

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:35:24 PM »
@thread

New story about Mike Commodore and the Commodore USA connection

counter campaign

The story is dominating: http://twitter.com/commodoreusa

Interesting also that this is described as a trend. The Los Angeles Dodgers (baseball) are already on it:

Offline number6

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:59:10 PM »
Quote from: dammy;649687
True, C=USA is just struggling to get all products shipped to existing pre-orders.

There is still no logical answer (to me) about why only the most expensive model (ultimate) is being shipped.
If this was about just catching up, then the earliest orders placed would have been filled, imo. In fact, you indicated that would be the process (FIFO). Clearly, from reading the posts on Commodore-Amiga.org, this is not the case.

source

Typical concern "I'm going to be getting one of the middle price units with the wifi but really want to see when others receive their non ultimate units before ordering."

To the casual observer, putting 2+2 together this looks like either a continued supply shortage (already posted by Barry) or a manpower shortage. If you enjoy the success I believe is possible particularly from the Mike Commodore connection (regardless of how deep the connection runs), then you can see how this will put a greater strain on what is obviously already a strained operation currently.

Feel free to correct me if you think my surface analysis is incorrect.

Offline number6

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 03:42:33 PM »
Quote from: jorkany;649694
"I talked with Barry. He said this was a combo of factors: order-date, model and actually even zipcode! He said he expects to "catch up" in about 2 weeks. "

Not with the two weeks again...!
Ok, Is this proof enough that CUSA is Amiga related?

Letting a user try to explain the delays as related in either a phone call or written word from the company, as opposed to the company actually making a statement directly to their supporters...also not a route I would have taken.
*shrug*

Offline number6

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
@thread

Credit where credit is due.

Status update