Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED  (Read 32730 times)

Description:

Offline A6000

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:47:36 PM »
Quote from: ral-clan;784622
I don't really understand the anger over A-EON not porting software it owns to MorphOS and AROS. That's like expecting Ford to start making accessories and parts for Toyota owners. They are under no obligation to do so and have a business of their own to run.

It would be nice if they did, but I don't begrudge them for not doing so.

Real Software Publishers will port their software to as many systems as they can in order to maximise sales, you are saying it is OK for A-EON to use software they own to kill sales of competing hardware, if that is OK with you then how long will it be before they sell software that ONLY runs on A-EON's own Amigaone systems?

Offline A6000

• Show all replies
Re: A-EON Technology acquires OctaMED
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:55 PM »
Quote from: A6000;784628
Real Software Publishers will port their software to as many systems as they can in order to maximise sales, you are saying it is OK for A-EON to use software they own to kill sales of competing hardware, if that is OK with you then how long will it be before they sell software that ONLY runs on A-EON's own Amigaone systems?

Quote from: Hans_;784666
My post was a factual correction to A6000's statement

Hans

My post did not require any correction, the part "as they can" implied that business considerations such as profitability would be taken into account.