Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A600HD screwed up Tuner and AV outputs  (Read 3954 times)

Description:

Offline paul1981

Re: A600HD screwed up Tuner and AV outputs
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:36:12 AM »
By 'AV' do you mean Composite? I think the RF and Composite outputs compose of a different output to what the RGB / Video port provides - so the picture from the 23-pin Video connector could well look fine and you should test it if you haven't already. Of course though that would require an RGB monitor or an RGB-Scart lead and Scart capable tv. Alternatively, an A520 modulator could be used. Alternatively, like you mentioned you could also try and fix the fault - you can start by downloading the A600 System Schematics if you fancy some bed time reading!

Offline paul1981

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 01:50:35 PM »
Hi!
I have struggled with Amiga 1200 at some point in time with similar video problems, only vaguely remember to have solved the issue by changing that Sony chip you mentioned. Anyway as for question about that PSU, yes it will affect video output too. I have one PSU brick which does quite blurry image with any Amiga I connect to it. You might try and modify some PC PSU to work with Amiga to rule one out? Anyway good luck with troubleshooting your miggy!

Check this site out! Have been very helpful with my HW repairs. :)

http://www.amigapcb.org/

Yes, an up-rated PSU gave my heavily expanded A1200 a sharper video output. I use an A500 PSU with 4.5A capacity on the 5V rail as opposed to the standard PSU provided with the A600/A1200 of 3A on the 5V rail. I used a PC PSU in the past, but the noise of the fan in the PSU coupled with the noise of the fan in my Amiga became a bit much.

Offline paul1981

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 01:28:12 PM »
Is this a PAL Amiga and a PAL tv?

BTW terrible luck on your Amiga purchase.