Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why do people believe the advertising?  (Read 9326 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
Re: Why do people believe the advertising?
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
Quote from: Hell Labs;550081
I dunno, the windows 7 and IE adverts right now are incredibly irritating. It's just some random person talking really fast, as if to say Look how good we are! we've just "innovated" features everyone else already had ten years ago. But your stupid enough to fall for it.

Everyone claims inovation for whatever they are selling but who else has snap? Apple has an addon from a third party called twoup but 7 has snap built in. I didnt think it was much of a feature until I tried it and it really works well.
many of the features listed http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features here are seemlessly ingtegrated into the os

does mac have full 64-bit os yet?
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/checking_32_or_64-bit_kernel_boot_mode_in_snow_leopard/

7 is extremely good, apples ads for the mac were funny although not entirely accurate now the shoe on the other foot and some people are getting pissy.
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:25:35 PM »
btw I've seen the touch screen support and I must say, they didn't create it but they did it pretty freakin' well
oh i didn't answer the question... they believe the ads because they are true. Microsoft asked people what they wanted and then tried to put those ideas into the os. peoples ideas went into 7. I think part of vistas problem was that wasnt the case, they threw in feature after feature without thinking about how the whole thing would actually run
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 10:30:16 PM by KThunder »
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline KThunder

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »
@hells labs
so youv'e only seen one of the commercials? windows 7 was my idea is microsofts ad way of saying they have listened to us and taken many of our suggestions and put them into the os.
Not even microsoft is saying it is all innovative. what it is is all these ideas incorperrated seemlessly into the os. you are the only one ive heard that thinks that microsoft thinks these things are innovative.
apples ads seemed to (very smuggly ) say that pcs arent usefull for anything as if they were actually innovative.
" Tabbed browsing
Tabbed browsing is the most requested browser navigation feature among customers who want to manage multiple websites within one browsing window."
that was from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/ie7-tabbed-browsing.aspx
not every feature is brand new and life changing, but together they work together to be a very smooth and user friendly os.

btw did you mean the internetworks 1994 that noone knows about? thats not really behind the competition if noone knows about it and noone uses it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:30:33 PM by KThunder »
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)