Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A bright future for Amiga?  (Read 3673 times)

Description:

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
Re: A bright future for Amiga?
« on: October 26, 2003, 03:57:55 PM »
How many will be prepared to spit out >1000Euro (full sys) ?

Lets hope that the lite/micro one will be cheaper...

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 04:03:27 PM »
Maybe, but only trough MorphOS

I say it again... MorphOS/Pegasos has nothing at all to do with amiga, other than the fact that it runs some Amiga software... MorphOS is a different os, though very similar at the same time. AmigaONE/AmigaOS4 is more amiga than pegasos/morphos will ever be.... unless genesi manage to buy out AmigaINC that is..

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 04:07:15 PM »
Supporting Amiga Inc right now is hard. They have an expensive LinuxPPC motherboard. They claim to be shipping AOS4 someday. They need a product. I want an Amiga as much as the next guy.

just hold on a little more  ;-)  OS4 will be released very soon now, i am sure of it  :-)  afaik there is only minor porting left, until it is "finished"

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 05:18:36 PM »
The AmigaOne is a MAI teron CX resells by Eyetech.

That is mostly true, but the same thing is happening in the pc world... many pc manufactors use standard motherboards, then rebranding them under their name.
I have heard though that there are some minor differences from the teron boards..
The only amiga part in AmigaOne is the name.

that and the fact that it is officialy licensed by AmigaINC.
Which one is more close to the Amiga ?

Since AmigaONE is licensed while pegasos is not, then AmigaONE is still most amiga... thats the way things works, does not matter who orginally produced the board.. I am not saying that Pegasos is a worse choice than AmigaONE though.. It is probably a very nice board and MorphOS sounds like it is a very nice OS.

I still personally want the AONE just because i want to run OS4. That is if it ever drops in price... too expensive for me now  :-(

Genesis should really focus on advertising Pegasos/morphos as a totally new platform, instead of trying to be the next Amiga

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 05:23:02 PM »
and if DCE / bplan is amiga fan's then..ROFL!

That is another reason why i do not choose pegasos over amigaone... They managed to get themself a VERY bad reputation by screwing their customers before.. Though good they are trying to change this now, but this is not yet enough for me.

Offline Tomas

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 06:16:33 PM »

DaveC wrote:
@Starglider

Oh, the future of Amiga without MorphOS?  Sorry, MorphOS *IS* the future for the AmigaOS applications and community.  There are three choices:
1) AROS
2) MorphOS
3) You can post about how bright the future is for OS4, and never actually *be* part of any future at all.

Yeah, you are perfectly right, while the rest of us OS4 supporters are totally dumb... you know everything, while we dont know a ####....