Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Clean Install on a CF, want to do PFS3  (Read 8929 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Re: Clean Install on a CF, want to do PFS3
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:57:00 AM »
Easy!

Install UAE. Install Work Bench 3.1

Install the latest version of PFS.

Plug in your CF card into your PC, reboot UAE, then prepare, partition, and format the CF card using the PFS option.

Install CF Card into your Amiga and boot!

or

Create a Boot floppy, remove Fast File System from the "L" directory and put "PFS3ds" in there instead. Also copy over PFS' new Hard Drive Tools.

Install your CF card in to your Amiga, boot off the custom boot floppy, and prepare your card from there.

Keep in mind that you will want to read through the docs that came with PFS. It will tell you how to prepare the drive for PFS and how to set up the partitions and format them, all of which needs to be done with the new Hard Drive Tools that come with PFS.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 05:10:25 AM »
I don't have a CD-ROM on either of my "real" Amigas, so I'm not much help in that department, but I can say for sure that you can avoid UAE all together (that's the spirit!) by using a custom boot floppy.

I'm sure someone can tell you exactly what files are needed in order to make a floppy boot, but I forget what they are atm.

What I did was start with the WB 3.1 Install disk as the base. I removed the old Hard Drive tools and a few other files that I did not need in order to make room for the new files. I rebooted and was good to go. If I was at home I'd simply put in the disc and tell you what all is on it, but alas I'm at Arby's. I'm sure you'll figure it out though.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:30:10 AM »
Congrats man, glad you got it working! I still don't really notice much speed improvements my self, but I can at least use an 8Gb card now! Happy am I! :)