Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cannot get Amiga emulator under Amibian to work  (Read 3845 times)

Description:

Offline BuBBoBTopic starter

• Show only replies by BuBBoB
Cannot get Amiga emulator under Amibian to work
« on: March 12, 2018, 08:23:00 PM »
Hi, I hope someone can help me out. I have just installed Amibian on my Raspberry Pi 2 and all went according to plan (or so it seemed). However if I choose option 3 at the menu screen a message flashes up too fast to read and returns to the Menu. The C64 and Speccy emulators work just fine but not the Amiga. Can anyone suggest any solutions? I have copied my own ks roms and adf's from my Winuae setup to the correct locations on Amibian btw.

Offline TCMSLP

• Show only replies by TCMSLP
    • http://www.coherer.net
Re: Cannot get Amiga emulator under Amibian to work
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 08:57:59 PM »
Quote from: BuBBoB;837270
Hi, I hope someone can help me out. I have just installed Amibian on my Raspberry Pi 2 and all went according to plan (or so it seemed). However if I choose option 3 at the menu screen a message flashes up too fast to read and returns to the Menu. The C64 and Speccy emulators work just fine but not the Amiga. Can anyone suggest any solutions? I have copied my own ks roms and adf's from my Winuae setup to the correct locations on Amibian btw.

Are the Kickstart ROMs named correctly, including upper/lowercase chars?

Alternatively, can you start the emulator from the command line?  That way whatever log messages appear will likely remain in the console when you quit.

I don't have a pi with uae4all (or whatever we use nowadays) at hand though.
A1200 50MHz 68030 16Mb, PCMCIA Ethernet, Indivision AGA MkIIcr
http://www.coherer.net Coherer: Electro!

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
Re: Cannot get Amiga emulator under Amibian to work
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:02:23 PM »
Quote from: BuBBoB;837270

I have never tried the the actual Amibian distro, however, I do use RetroPie which has Amibian emulator as an optional install.

It works very well for me(now), the biggest issues I initially ran into was I was trying to use my existing ".HDF" files off my Minimig. I had made them 4GB RDB with multiple partitions. It seems like UAE4ARM and Amibian really don't like RDB formatted HDF files (which is required for minimig). If you make a ".HDF" I'd suggest simply formating the "NDOS:WHATEVER" soon as it pops up on WB without creating partitions with HDToolbox.

You might want to try to simply convert your HDF's to native filesystem folders.

Also if you are using AmigaForever ROMs, I think you need "rom.key" as well. I think I'm using the A600 one.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 10:08:32 PM by bbond007 »