Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore USA's new Amiga and OS  (Read 11720 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show all replies
Re: Commodore USA's new Amiga and OS
« on: April 13, 2012, 01:17:45 AM »
Even worse, a deep troll.

Quote from: jorkany;684531
That's some real planning ahead then, as WarPiper joined in 2002 and has over 350 posts...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Troll.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline persia

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:02:27 PM »
You do realise that Commodore USA is a two year old company and the original Commodore went bankrupt in 1994, don't you?  

Quote from: WarPiper;684513
Ok, so it has been years since I have last posted to Amiga.org, after hearing about and seeing the new Commodore 64 on you tube, then actually seeing a official Commodore website where I can actually purchase one, I nearly lost control of myself.  I was excited and even looked up the address on google and seen the store front of the company with the Commodore logo.  I had to make a call, this being about a month ago, I can remember his name, but we spoke about the Commodore 64 and (what I really wanted to talk about) the new line of Amiga computers that which he said were slated for this year.

I was told that the new Amiga will be a intel pc motherboard with a Linux OS, the first thought that came to my mind is a new commodore 64 in a Amiga badged case with the same open source, freely redistributable unbunto operating system that I have running along side my mac OSX and windows on my tri-boot mac.  

I am going to buy the new Amiga anyway to support Commodore, but I remember the Commodore Amiga being something different, like OSX is different from Windows, I don't feel anything is different with this flavor of linux. With evolution I understand that we can not stand still in the past with the old Amiga OS, but I do hope that an original operating system will be released giving the new Commodore Amiga the fresh breath of life that it deserves, rather than a stale billowed puff of air from a moldy bagpipe bag.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]