Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barry Altman and Commodore USA  (Read 64780 times)

Description:

Offline GobanToba

• Show all replies
Re: Barry Altman and Commodore USA
« on: September 03, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
Quote from: tone007;577555
Read veeery carefully.  

The x86 will not run OS4.1.  This is the difference.  This is why the PPC systems exist, whether or not they're "Amigas," they run AmigaOS.  Obviously, if you don't want to run OS4.1, you don't buy one of the overpriced PPC systems.

It seems to me PPC systems exist at this point solely because of Hyperion's refusal to port to x86.  You're using PPC soley because you're at the whim of Hyperion.

It seems Hyperion has been at a cross-roads several times.  Recently here again with the X1000.  Hyperion had a choice as they have so many times before.  Spend there resources moving toward $3000 old technology or port to modern hardware.  They have been faced with this situation and every time they choose the expensive old hardware over moving toward something that had a future.

It's almost surreal that these guys keep sticking with this method.  If these are the types of choices they make in hardware why would you trust their software programming choices?

I certainly don't feel Friedens get to choose what Amiga becomes, nor do I feel Amiga Inc., get to dictate what Amiga becomes, nor H&P, and that is why I think AROS is the true Amiga Operating System.  I hope they get a license from AI to call it "Amiga Workbench" soon.  

If a case has a name saying Commodore Amiga, super cool with me.  A case is not why I use Amiga though.  AROS spirit is why I use Amiga.