Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga Inc. partnered to M$ part 2  (Read 6700 times)

Description:

Offline KeesTopic starter

• Show only replies by Kees
    • http://www.amiga.org
Amiga Inc. partnered to M$ part 2
« on: March 05, 2002, 10:45:06 PM »
Depending on how you might view the Microsoft angle of Amiga's future, you might get a true kick out of this page (read very carefully).

Check out the Official Microsoft list of "Partners Participating" ...

Kees Witteveen
Amiga.org

** Cool Signature **

Chathurawind

Re: Amiga Inc. partnered to M$ part 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2002, 11:19:40 PM »
Is this the end of "Independent" AMIGA Inc and the start of "small MS subsidiary called AMIGA"? :(

Perhaps MS will buy AMIGA and destroy it to pieces. :(

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2002, 12:03:30 AM »
What's particularly disturbing is that the list at the ESC site has no mention of Amiga, since they'll be there only as MS "parners." Seems like Amiga would benefit more from their own booth at such a conference than being there as a partner to a company that I think less of everyday...
(see why I think less of MS today...)

If MS is there to toot its horn, how much attention will its partners receive?

ESC Exhibitor List

Offline alphonsus

• Show only replies by alphonsus
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2002, 12:04:36 AM »
Interesting that the first thing that happens upon accessing this site with an M$ browser is a script error. I do worry about a company that makes the most prominent browser in the world and can't get their own sites to work with it! OK, it's the ancient IE4.02, but you'd think they could manage a little backwards compatability!
Saw the light in 1990, found WinUAE in 2003

Chathurawind

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2002, 02:00:24 AM »
I didn't get any errors with IE 5.5!

Loki

Offline System

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2002, 02:15:49 AM »
ARRRRG ARRRRG! LOOKING BURNT MY EYES!

evil evil empire.....  :-D

Chathurawind

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2002, 02:24:17 AM »
from the site it looks good to me, amiga deserves some spotlight, and deserves money - fuck independancy for a bit and let some people make a living

Chathurawind

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2002, 02:56:16 AM »
This is a strange, funny world!

Imagine if Jay Miner read a 1985 prediction about the future of AMIGA Inc today:

1. AMIGA ONE, the latest version of AMIGA machine, will use IBM CPU with large "IBM Inside" sticker! :)

2. The latest partner of AMIGA is none other than MICROSOFT! :)

Another strange prediction in 1985:

US Troops will enter Georgia, Krygiztan, Uzbekiztan, Tajikistan  (part of USSR), invited by none other than Mr Shevardnadze (USSR Foreign Minister in 1985!) :)

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2002, 03:30:11 AM »
this is really weird!!  :-?
I didnt expect to see amiga on m$ list :(

Chathurawind

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2002, 03:43:59 AM »
I figure MS is just buddying up to Amiga because they share the same ideas with .NET as DE. I think though (and hope) DE and intent will be far more successful. A free development kit from TAO to bring more attention to intent and DE before .NET is even released along with the list of high profile companys using intent sure puts it in a good position for setting the standard.

Chathurawind

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2002, 04:25:14 AM »
backwards compatability!

What's that?

:-D

AmigaPete

Offline JetRacer

• Show only replies by JetRacer
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2002, 05:17:52 AM »
anon: I think though (and hope) DE and intent will be far more successful [posters note: than M$ .net].

That would probably be contra-productive with M$ in mind :-)

I think this is bitter-sweet at best. If Amiga Inc get some booth space for free it's good publicity for them. It might proove to be a mistake in the long run.

Please, Amiga Inc. the classic "You can't ignore M$ if you're in the software buissness" is the wrong way to go about things and a terrible mistake. AmigaDE is compeeting with a M$ product and every bad thing you've heard corncerning that subject is probably true.
*Zap! Zap!* Ha! Take that! *Kabooom!* Hey, that\'s not fair!

Chathurawind

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2002, 07:37:36 AM »
You are all insane. Look at the other so-called "partners": Intel, Hitachi, Arrow, Epson... these are all independant companies that happen to deal with Microsoft. I would be very surprised if a company such as Arrow or Epson would even have any stock owned by Microsoft - the relationships between these companies are just agreements/deals, not giving up one's soul. All of these companies could in the future abandon Microsoft, contract obligations permitting.

It's my opinion that Amiga is on this list for no reason other than MS is trying to give the world the impression that they care about Small Business.

In the end, who cares. I doubt M$ has given Amiga any money or entered any contracts/deals/buy-outs/investment of any sort. Perhaps Bill has talked to a few low-ranking MS bureaucrats about .NET and the DE, but I doubt much is happening. I would say the MS employee Amiga hired had some contacts - it's called "networking" - and Amiga is hitching a ride because they know people who know the right people. And good on them. This is a good chance for exposure.

- Paul

Chathurawind

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2002, 08:57:02 AM »
Why should we suddenly invent theories such as "M$ is going to buy AMIGA and destroy them!"???
Let's take the other point of view: Amiga USES M$ to have more spectators for the presentation of THEIR product, gains lots of customers, "overtakes" M$ in the multimedia-inustry, buys them, DESTROYS them!

INCREDIBLE?

So, then do not think the other stories are true!

GREETZ!

Offline Bezzen

• Show only replies by Bezzen
    • http://www.streammountain.se
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2002, 10:02:27 AM »
Imagine if Jay Miner read a 1985 prediction about the future of AMIGA Inc today:
2. The latest partner of AMIGA is none other than MICROSOFT! :)

Didn't Microsoft do the Amiga Basic that was included with the OS? So it wouldn't be the first time.