Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is this thread for real? (AInc has <$100)  (Read 11511 times)

Description:

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
Re: Is this thread for real? (AInc has <$100)
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2003, 10:35:14 AM »
@greenboy, Dave, darling! How wonderful of you to join us!

There is no us - there is only you and your overinflated boing ball : }  I've never tried to hide my affiliation or pretended to be impartial. I'm partial as hell, seeing what I've seen. I've never pretended behind  the guises of objectivity, logic, and other conceits. Though I'm usually trying a lot harder to be polite.

Oh, I can just hear McEwen saying in a talk show host voice, "FOURRRTEEEEN BILLION DOLLARS!" Ho! - that must really wow those small-town legal people... Too bad the case isn't in Montana, with Doctor in attendance to give Teach the note for why little William MC was skipping school yet again.

Should be an interesting case.  Sometimes almost on schedule and rockin' - if only because someone has to bring SOME of the people in on the correct dates occasionally to actually achieve any semblance of a schedule ; }
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2003, 10:40:46 AM »

greenboy wrote:
@greenboy, Dave, darling! How wonderful of you to join us!

There is no us - there is only you and your overinflated boing ball : }  

No I am saying that his is what you SHOULD be saying to me. Probably wasnt clear.

is only you and your overinflated boing ball : }  

And was that supposed to be an insult? :-?

I've never tried to hide my affiliation or pretended to be impartial. I'm partial as hell, seeing what I've seen. I've never pretended behind  the guises of objectivity, logic, and other conceits. Though I'm usually trying a lot harder to be polite.

That is nice to see. However exactly what did you hope to gain with that labelling exercise is my point? Why not deal with the thrust of the argument rather than say "red pundit"?

Oh, I can just hear McEwen saying in a talk show host voice, "FOURRRTEEEEN BILLION DOLLARS!" Ho! - that must really wow those small-town legal people...

That WAS amusing. Did you ever see the cover of the Linux Format mag with the SCO guy being sent up with a picture of Dr Evil?

Too bad the case isn't in Montana, with Doctor in attendance to give Teach the note for why little William MC was skipping school yet again.

Now come on, you know that by this time Bill McEwEn was wise to the antics of Rich Woods and didn't want to disclose personal information. Although I agree, his answers were woolly and evasive there. Given that Rich Woods posted this little lot on the net suggests he was right not to put extraneous evidence where he did not have to.

Should be an interesting case.

Yep.

Sometimes almost on schedule and rockin'

Snore!

- if only because someone has to bring SOME of the people in on the correct dates occasionally to actually achieve any semblance of a schedule ; }

SNORE!

BTW I hear the Peg2 is now due out in October. See how relevant that was? Not at all.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline T_Bone

• Show only replies by T_Bone
    • http://www.amiga.org/userinfo.php?uid=1961
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2003, 10:56:24 AM »
> Who was talking about fear?

You, but you called it "Concern." :-D I prefer to describe emotion in it's primal form. "Afraid", "Concerned", makes little difference. In this context it's the same thing.

> You are the one who brought this one up, I don't think fear is
> a good thing to read into anything.

Well, that goes for "Concern" too. It's quite possible that a signed agreement capping damages, is relevant when being countersued for damages. Hell, I would have danced on it too. What better defence for liability is there, than a signed document relinquishing liability?

> I think Bill McEwEn was deliberately avoiding answering
> the question.

Obviously, his countersuit wouldn't make much sense if he had answered "Yes. Thendics liability is capped at $0, according to our contract"

That doesn't mean that Thendic believes they'll lose the case or is afraid/concerned... the countersuit isn't mutually exclusive to the suit. It's not impossible for both the suit and the countersuit to be found valid, and even win, indipendantly of each other.

this space for rent

Offline DaveP

• Show only replies by DaveP
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2003, 11:14:55 AM »
@T_bone

Concern is not as stark emotion as fear, it has 4 meanings all of which were relevant to the context in which I used it.

Of course your final paragraph is also valid, I just felt that rather than discover what Amiga Incs position was they rather focussed on side issues. I did Jury service, and in two times the defense lawyer danced around issues to discredit prosecution witnesses and in both cases the Jury were suspicious as to the strength of the defence case. On the third time this didn't happen, and the defence A-C actually tackled the merits of the evidence and the crux of the case - and won.

Still, thats just my pitiful experience, but the way I read it and interpreted is in my first post on this thread and my first post in a while on a forum topic on Amiga.org.
Hate figure. :lol:

Offline greenboy

• Show only replies by greenboy
    • http://PhiNiXi.com
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2003, 11:17:36 AM »
>>if only because someone has to bring SOME of the people in on the correct dates occasionally to actually achieve any semblance of a schedule ; }

>SNORE! BTW I hear the Peg2 is now due out in October.

Actually at the end of September. Same as it always was. I wonder if there will be any slippage. Shouldn't be much, if any. But if there is, I'm sure it won't be over a year, or anything like that :  }

>See how relevant that was? Not at all.

Maybe you haven't heard about the number of times McEwen has NOT shown up on scheduled dates. Later a story arrives. A pattern here... relevant to me, if to no-one else. I especially found the AmiWest one laughable, since he knew he had a legal appearance to make in Seatown on the same weekend as the promised AmiWest Sacremento one. I'd already heard a previous show's "flat tire."

Many of us supposed he would make neither. Wasn't much of a reach, given past track record.
<-- greenboy ---<<<<

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2003, 11:44:05 AM »

Lo wrote:
hmm, this ann.lu link appeared on one of the Amithlon mailing lists.  Bill fled court, is not healthy,  etc.
Tig and gary_c are posting to it, and I have always respected their opinions.

AInc. not well :-?

Note that, one has to factor in another entity i.e. “AMIGA Development LLC” (from AmigaOS 4.0 screen shots)…

I don’t think Genesi can sue "AMIGA Development LLC" since there’s no valid contract between them. PS; I assume “AMIGA Development LLC” and “Amiga Inc” are separate legal entities.

Genesi could be just wasting its time and money on a 'holographic' legal entity.
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline Warface

• Show only replies by Warface
    • http://www.spacehawks.hu
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2003, 01:40:05 PM »

Hammer wrote:

Lo wrote:
hmm, this ann.lu link appeared on one of the Amithlon mailing lists.  Bill fled court, is not healthy,  etc.
Tig and gary_c are posting to it, and I have always respected their opinions.

AInc. not well :-?

Note that, one has to factor in another entity i.e. “AMIGA Development LLC” (from AmigaOS 4.0 screen shots)…

I don’t think Genesi can sue "AMIGA Development LLC" since there’s no valid contract between them. PS; I assume “AMIGA Development LLC” and “Amiga Inc” are separate legal entities.

Genesi could be just wasting its time and money on a 'holographic' legal entity.

The issue is about AmigaDE and AmigaInc. Or Amiga Development LLC has anything to do with that?

Offline lempkee

• Show only replies by lempkee
    • http://www.amigaguru.com
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »
this issue all started with amigainc signing a contract to let AmigaDe onto on of thoose vapor devices , genesi is now trying to force that vapor thingy into an pegasos , easy as that.

LLC has nothing to do with it , atleast not last time i checked.

but if amiga.inc and the name goes flat , well then anyone can buy it and well then llc is in it aswell, or? :) , ie lets say if speculators are correct  , genesi or h^p buys it  well then they could infact interfer with LLC and get the os4 stuff delayed or canned etc or just as well ported to a pc (merlancia mcc) and pegasos 2 (merlancia mcc)..

all i can say is , 03.octorber is my birthday , on that day...i got my first amiga in 1985 on my birthday so it might be a nice day to stop afterall, if i do....i leave all computers (ie i wont abandon ship and jump to another) .  just leave...

to all whom know me should know what to get out of this post ... EOD

:)
Whats up with all the hate!

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2003, 03:01:31 PM »
*sigh*
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline Lando

• Show only replies by Lando
    • https://bartechtv.com
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2003, 03:04:49 PM »
Amiga Development LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary.  Amiga Inc goes down, it all goes.

How many Commodore or Escom subsidiaries do you know that are still operating?

Offline Warface

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2003, 03:09:47 PM »
to all whom know me should know what to get out of this post ... EOD

Honestly, some of you make it look like the end of the world. I myself has countless Amiga Inc's behind me... It's not like hell freezes over or anything. I was enthusiast till 2001 august. Now I am more sober, and I'm not directly involved in the "tragedy", just merely witnessing it.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2003, 03:30:11 PM »
warface:if os4 doesnt come then its the end of the world , i only use amiga nothing else, if amigainc dies and get rebadged no problem for me aslong as hyperion can do what they wanted to in the first place.

you know this is not all in all just about DE , its alot more to it than that , and just because several others in this so called community can feel ok when having a mac pc and amiga and maybe a pegasos in their house, i aint like that i use Amiga and thats it.

if it means go 1 hw with 2 os's , no prob but i wont give up amigaos for something else , not atm anyway as there is no "REAL" options

my amigaone has waited for os4 for a long time , if it wont get it then it will end up never used , easy as that.

i hope i am overdramatizing this and that hyperion "STILL" have everyone actively in their staff and that no one is planning on leaving and that os4 is on schedule and rocking :)

and then again this came from bbrv and not amiga and thats what is killing me slowly, i can handle the news/truth if it comes from the right people but then again lately it all has gone into a big mudpool and everyday gets more and more boring..

Offline Marky_D_Sahd

• Show only replies by Marky_D_Sahd
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2003, 03:40:20 PM »
If Amiga only has $100 on the bank, let's all get up $50 each and buy the company.  Anyone who contributes can not only run AmigaInc, but will get a free tee-shirt as well! :-D
Now featuring new and improved G4 AmigaOne, with Mozilla!

Offline Warface

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2003, 03:46:12 PM »

and then again this came from bbrv and not amiga and thats what is killing me slowly, i can handle the news/truth if it comes from the right people but then again lately it all has gone into a big mudpool and everyday gets more and more boring..

Ever thought about that if it doesn't come from the "right people" it may mean that they are NOT the right people? I realised that years ago and have a Pegasos with MorphOS now.

I accept your concerns, and don't want to force MorphOS on you, and still wishing Hyperion the best. But we are talking about a company, which, despite owning the name made this community serious damage, even exceeding damage caused by many previous Amiga owners. Many have left this community and locked themselves up in a little Amiga Inc forth because of them - based on information from the "right people". Which slowly - while at every step they cry FUD, lie - turns out to be - at least - not that true and nice.

However, it's just my side of the story. I readily accept that yours or anyone else's is different. Yet, it's not the end of the world. I was just as enthusiast the Amiga MCC - and I can live without it, you see.

Offline lempkee

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2003, 03:46:40 PM »
marky:  ok no offence , but do you really think you could make it all better if you did just that? ....

i find such remarks silly but then again abit funny also :)

Offline AmiGod

• Show only replies by AmiGod
« Reply #44 from previous page: September 09, 2003, 04:03:14 PM »
It's funny.  A few months ago, anything Rich Woods posted about Amiga Inc., and more specifically Bill McEwen would make me laugh at him.  Yes, AT him.  Now, he's just ... plain ... borrrrring.

I for one believe in Amiga Inc.  If that makes me the only person on earth who does, then so be it.

AmiGod
I am Amigan