Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ZZ9000 Amiga Graphic Card with built in Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors  (Read 9394 times)

Description:

Offline ErolTopic starter

Offline trixster

Looks interesting but info seems to have dried up and RFIs seem to be getting ignored.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A1200 + 80Mhz B1260 + Indi AGA2 + Ide-fix Express | A500 | A3000 + 50Mhz A3660 + CV64 + Deneb + 486SLC + ZorRam
A4000/040 + 66Mhz  Cyberstorm Mk2 + Indi AGA + Voodoo 3 + Sonnet G3 + Deneb + Prisma | SNES | C64 | CPC6128 | MD | 3DO
Acorn A3020 | A3000 | A420/1 | Atom | Master Turbo | BBC B | Atari Falcon + 100Mhz CT60e | PS1 | PS2 | Saturn | Atari Jaguar

Offline ErolTopic starter

there progress, mnt post updates on twitter.. the card is still in development :)

Offline NinjaCyborg

This is the future of Amigas if done right. Run Linux on one ARM core. Run Super AGA on the FPGA Vampire style. All that's missing is an updated 'Janus' software that basically lets you run your Amiga as a front end for a modern embedded linux system, with support for running things like Firefox and Open Office in a x11 window.

Offline Bennymee

• Show only replies by Bennymee
@NinjaCyborg

Linux, where do you read about Linux running on this board ?  I read that there is a SDK for running ARM code on the Amiga using the ARM on the ZZ9000.

Amiga 500, 1200, 4000, Amigaone, Morphos, CyberstormPPC, Blizzardppc, OS4.x

Offline NinjaCyborg

I didn't. I'm talking in general. Running Linux on a plugin ARM board or slaved rPi basically to give the Amiga access to modern software, wrapped in an Amiga like UI.

Offline trekiej

Any new information?
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Online TribbleSmasher

There are new firmware/drivers since yesterday to test, apparently with significant speed improvements.
https://source.mntmn.com/MNT/zz9000-firmware/releases
https://source.mntmn.com/MNT/zz9000-drivers/releases

Edit
First batch sold out, btw.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:44:10 PM by TribbleSmasher »

Offline trekiej

I have to pay for the A2000 and other stuff I bought before I can buy one.
:(
Amiga 2000 Forever :)
Welcome to the Planar System.

Offline mojost

• Show only replies by mojost
look at what just turned up, it's a very impressive design.  Just got to get the drivers installed now. 

The inital boot was ok on hdmi too, didn't need multiple screens.

Offline matt3k

Nice card.  Is it close to the speed of a Radeon on the Mediator?

Offline mojost

• Show only replies by mojost
Sorry, i have never used a Mediator setup.

I can tell you it's a big step-up from the Indivision AGA MK2cr.  1080p at 16bit moves around like butter in workbench. Also, native Amiga modes look amazing on my 4k monitor.

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
“Out of Stock”...oh well 👎👎👎

Offline Matt_H

So are these shipping now? I ordered one, guess it’s time to keep an eye on the mail...

Online TribbleSmasher

I can tell you it's a big step-up from the Indivision AGA MK2cr.  1080p at 16bit moves around like butter in workbench. Also, native Amiga modes look amazing on my 4k monitor.
Can you run Picasso96Speed benchmark and post the results? The speed is supposed to be in the PicassoIV ball park.