Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WHDLoad and screen promotion  (Read 1077 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

WHDLoad and screen promotion
« on: June 09, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to promote WHDLoad games to DblNTSC or DblPAL modes?

It doesn't work with ModePro, giving an error message stating that the video display can't be initialized. However, the requester also wants to ensure that the appropriate monitor drivers are in Devs:Monitors, listing NTSC, PAL, DblNTSC and DblPAL. This suggests it might be possible...

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
Re: WHDLoad and screen promotion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 03:25:17 AM »
Hello matt,
 AFAIK, on the WB side. If you look at Storage:monitors you might find the drivers then copy to devs:monitors.
 I once tested an orignal IBM VGA monitor with an RGB<->VGA with my A1200. I connected a TVMonitor with RCA so I can see through the interference/fuzzyness of the VGA mon.
 Once copied to their respected place, i doulble clicked it(VGA). reboot it then the VGA monitor's display is modepro'ed. But slow in refresh rate. Maybe you could try that.
 On the WHDLoad side, I'm not sure if dblpal/ntsc works under WHDLoad. But try to click on the game icon once then right-MouseButton,select Icon,Information. at tools click new and Type-in dblpal or dblntsc. save. But, I maybe wrong. Never tried it yet. Hope that helps. Good luck matt. :-D

Good day to all Amigans! :-D
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 03:34:29 AM »
I've got DblPAL, DblNTSC, and VGAOnly all mounted in Devs. IControl's Mode Promotion is enabled, but DblPAL and DblNTSC are not valid tooltypes for WHDLoad. No dice.

There's only one last thing I can think of trying, and that's removing the 15KHz NTSC and PAL drivers from Devs:Monitors. I'll try that before my next reboot.

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 03:55:23 AM »
@matt
There's only one last thing I can think of trying, and that's removing the 15KHz NTSC and PAL drivers from Devs:Monitors. I'll try that before my next reboot.

Yes do that. Almost forgot, Also use WBScreen and select the appropiate freq(dlbpal/ntsc) settings. Good luck.

Good day to all Amigans! :-D
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

Offline Slash

• Show only replies by Slash
    • http://www.the-snakepit.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:02:09 AM »
WHDLoad games don't use Workbench or AmigaDOS in that fashion.

They bang the hardware and therefore won't take any notice of monitor drivers, modepro or anything like that.

It just won't work.

Buy a ScanDoubler  :-)