Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update  (Read 5361 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: Trans fats to be phased out in USA, Amiga edited Film about Trans Fats Update
« Reply #74 from previous page: November 09, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
Quote from: Thorham;752331
Didn't say anything about home made.

Anyway, you're serious? You prefer some deep fried apple crap over a properly made apple pie from a good pastry shop? What's the world coming to :(

I'm a fit and healthy conscious person who eats healthy and is quite active. But as much as i don't want to i have to agree that deep fried stuff tastes better than home made foods. That's probably why there's an obesity epidemic. Trans fats taste good! :) :(
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Quote from: SysAdmin;752329
You can't afford it but since you're asking what are you willing to pay? Feel free to PM me the price if you're not comfortable making that public or if you don't care put it right in this thread. Just because I'm curious doesn't mean I'm willing to sell the site. It's not for sale and I'm not looking for buyers.

What is your cash value for this site? That being how much would you sell it for? I know several people from Amiga.org and EAB who could be interested if there were an opportunity to buy it out.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
@Kesa

It's not for sale and I'm not looking for buyers.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
Quote from: Kesa;752335
I'm a fit and healthy conscious person who eats healthy and is quite active. But as much as i don't want to i have to agree that deep fried stuff tastes better than home made foods. That's probably why there's an obesity epidemic. Trans fats taste good! :) :(
Why do people keep bringing up home made foods in relation to my post? I never said anything about home made foods. Also, home made says absolutely nothing about the quality of food.

Anyway, I beg to differ. Anyone who can cook well, can make food that tastes far better than any deep fried food. I certainly don't prefer well made food over deep fried. And I most certainly can't agree with some MCJunk deep fried apple crap tasting better than a well made apple pie from a good pastry shop. The taste is simply not comparable in any way what so ever.

Junk food vs properly prepared 'real' food? Absolutely no contest :p Preferring deep fried is just bad taste :p

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
@Thorham

I agree with you. Also one point many people don't realize is that Trans Fat has no taste benefit at all. Something does not taste better because Trans Fat is used. This is a myth spread by the companies in the processed food industry. They spread this myth because using Trans Fat saves them a ton of money in manufacturing costs. Also, using Trans Fat extends the shelf life of the food, it lasts a lot longer before you have to throw it out. Not a problem for me, if I find something with Trans Fat in my household I throw it out immediately or if the person that bought it still has the receipt I make them return it or I'll return it. Trans Fat is slow poison plain and simple. I recommend no one eat any of it. If you want an occasional cookie eat a cookie, just get one not made with Trans Fat.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 02:43:19 PM by Pyromania »