Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: mATX form factor A500  (Read 5851 times)

Description:

Offline Chucky

Re: mATX form factor A500
« on: October 15, 2017, 08:46:31 AM »
I am the owner of that mATX motherboard.

yes. only 25ish was made..  as it was like what I understand more like a ReleaseCandidate..

I am not involved in the makings of this. but talked to one doing it and they will clean documentation etc up before opening their web-page telling more.

I hope it would be opensource..  but there I have no clue.

my A3640 project is open anyway..  the amiga needs more open stuff.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
The vamp should fit fine on this machine yes..  might try mine (if I bother to dig it up someday..  doesn't use it as I doesn't like it)

Offline Chucky

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 05:04:30 PM »
Quote from: David Wright;831812
Interested as to why your view on Vampire.

I think it is a incompatible device.  Hardware is awesome, implementation I do NOT approve with..

but lets not go there now.. will post a blogpost someday with deep explanation why etc.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:09:34 PM »
Well  you cannot produce hundreds in the beginning either..

when I did my A3640 rework.. I also did only 20 as it would be too expensive to do more if they did not work..

when I had soldered some working boards knowing quality was ok.. then I released all data.. not before..

so I guess it is aprox the same here..  when enough boards is booting (hopefully I will get my components to solder one next week..  MAYBE can bring to Amiga32!)   they will do more..

you know.  make sure it works, tidy up documentation and THEN release.. (open or not)