Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!  (Read 7842 times)

Description:

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show all replies
Re: Windows hosted AROS-Max, now available!
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:49:51 AM »
Will there be a .iso version or is it just going to be in a .rar format?

I have better luck with .iso files.

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 12:49:41 PM »

mdma wrote:

Cajun_Man wrote:
Will there be a .iso version or is it just going to be in a .rar format?

I have better luck with .iso files.

Neither.  It's a Windows hosted version.  You just download the executable and run it. It really couldn't be easier. :-)
Sorry I got my files mixed up.   :-o

I was thinking of when I tried downloading the one you were supposed to un-rar and then burn to a cd. 0.20 I think it was,  I never could get unrar to find any files in the archive.  I downloaded it twice.

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 09:15:57 PM »
Was just curious about a couple of things,  I have a dual boot of Windows XP and Linux on a AMD64 3500+ system.  I am using a Nvidia 6800GT card.  

When I boot into Windows and I run the program, I get three choices, If I try the one that has (nvidia) in it, it gives me a bunch of text and ends with what says is a guru.  I'll have to re-boot into Windows and try again to write down the exact error.

But if I pick the first or third one, I get a desktop, a better looking one when I use the first one.  

Was just curious as to know would it be because I am using a 6800GT card and it may be too new for AROS-Max?  I'm using the drivers that came with the card.  I could try either an older driver or a newer one.  

I'm hoping to get a chance to download the one that I would burn to a cd and try booting directly into it to see it that way.  Or is the .iso file that came in this package the same one that is on the site where I downloaded this?

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 12:16:17 AM »
Cool.  Got to find me a spare CDRW to burn this on and try booting it up.  

Thanks.

Offline Cajun_Man

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 09:53:24 PM »
Well, I burned the ISO to a cd and apperantly the default mode of the nvidia choice is too much for my monitors as I get a screen mode out of range on both monitors I have hooked up to the 6800GT.

The first menu choice boots fine, but the 2nd one puts my monitors out of range.  I have a Samsung SyncMaster 192N LCD and a NEC MultiSync LCD1700V hooked up and both use a 31-80 Khz and 56-75 Hz, and the nvidia selection tries to use a much higher number than either of these monitors can handle.  

I tried hitting e on the boot menu on the second option, but didn't see anything I could edit that would not make the screenmode use a high frequency rate.  Plus I'm thinking on going back to a single monitor setup.  

I have noticed though when booting up the first option, after I try a few things it will suddenly quit responding.  The mouse pointer moves, but nothing on the screen will change and one time a line striped down the middle of the screen.  Happened once in the middle of one of the games, and once just as I quit another game.  I don't know if it has anything to do with I am running a AMD64 3500+ cpu with 1 Gig dual channel memory.  

Although I think this Motherboard may have a problem as I'm not getting the normal sounds you usually get when it boots up.  The problem was my fault as I did something that may have killed that part.   So as soon as I can replace the motherboard I'll try again and see if I still get that sudden lockup then.