Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 8150 times)

Description:

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« on: April 15, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »
Nowdays its the ps3, it is just great... playing games on pc i have given up on. you always need to upgrade it, i am tired of it..... amiga games and other retro games, been there done that for years and i feel i am pretty much finnished with that.  yup as for now its ps3 all the way, its where it all is happening in gaming now days and it is very interestng. the multiplayer games are booming and co-op online with friends its where it all happen :)

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 01:48:08 PM »
Quote from: brenry;631743
Gaymers are Lamers!

running demos and listening to retro remixes is funner.

with that comment your more gay than any gaymers :)

retro remixes i listen to in the early 2000, but always did go back to the originals and ended up deleting the retromixes becouse they was not worth my time. so newer bothered with retromixes again ever since.

as for demos every ps3 games kills everything ever made with the c64/amiga and pc. so why bother?... i dont anymore... demos is something of the past now days and pretty boring. in ps3 games i interact with all these great technical demo effects everyday. thats much more enjoyable :)

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 01:58:14 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631815
It's also nice, because they upgrade their skills and engines, rather than saying 'update your PC'.

A nice knock on effect (for me,anyway): Now the PC is no longer calling the shots, PC games will run on the same spec as you had a few years ago, because consoles dictate the pace of change. This means i'm playing on my PC again for the first time in years.

there will always be a few pc games that is calling the shot and force you to upgrade, games like crysis... anyway i have given up pc nowdays its only for websurfing,email etc... when you sit infront of the computer all day at work, i dont fancy spending time on it when i am home. its much more relaxing with the ps3 in the living room, watch some movies, have a video chat with a friend/send messages. then just put in that disc, the game startup with no hassle at all and joine a game with friends... its great :)

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631817
Well....if you have an interest in how far old hardware can be pushed, and technical skill, they are still cool. also if you want to watch rather than play.  But your right, every nextgen system provides interactive graphics of a higher level.

these old machines have been pushed to the max along time ago. there aint much to see anymore sadly, than just sit there and remember old times and a great time it was. but i am finished with that, been there done that you know... :)

yes every nextgen system provides interactive code, effect, graphics of a higher level and even some human input, where you can change the output.. the best part of it all is that you can now even share that interactive with someone online, it is exciting times we live in :)

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Quote from: Khephren;631829
Interesting, thanks for posting that. But I see no 'wanker' category, so it must be disallowed ;)

So, social, casual, and MMO rely less on cutting edge hardware (in fact my Athlon 2000 with GF4 is from 8 years ago, and runs most of these fine).

Iv'e noticed the Mhz wars have moved onto phones though, which is a shame.

social, casual, mobil and MMO = wanker category :D

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;631826
Each to his own, but there's nothing stopping a person doing the same with a PC. I have a multimedia/gaming system attached to my tv in the lounge sitting under the tv, controlled by joypad and remote controls (and/or mouse/keyboard if I chose). It's a little more work to set up nicely, but it's also more flexible than a console.

consoles is like apple computers, the hardware/aplication is tailor-made and it is plug and play with no hassle... to put it simple it just work and is great.

the hassle with a windows solution and third product/driver nightmare, forget it...

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:47:20 PM »
Quote from: brenry;631851
I'm guessing you are still a kid?  The whole ps3/pc/xbox/nintendo fanboy thing is redundant, they are just toys and the average time someone spends on a game (which many don't have replay value to them) is less than a week.

Pushing the limits of hardware is not what interests me, demos have songs I grew up with and have have heard changed with different composer's flavor added.  And it sure beats having winamp's standard visuals playing on another monitor while doing something else on the pc.  They are kind of like an old friend, that can keep you company.

If you say it's dead that's your ignorance.  You can get a taste of how big the scene still is by checking out some of the streaming media at
http://capped.tv/monthtop

I rarely play my mame machine and my xbox only ever gets used to stream tv shows.  If games is what you live & sleep you might as well be playing world of warcraft.

i when it comes to demos i have seen what there is to see.. got my c64 in th 1985...and amiga in 1988... i havent said the demo scene is dead but c64/amiga have reached their max of what they can do. the pc demo scene dont interest me never had... anyway i dont live in the past, that is just sad... no i dont sleep & live games only when i want some entertainment(mostly in the weekends) and i dont like wow and dont play it, i dont play pc games... i like ps3 for what it is a mediastation and gamestation, it is great :)

Offline A1260

• Show all replies
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
Quote from: ral-clan;632137
TEXT ADVENTURES.  No graphics but some of the most engaging games ever made.

sticking to text only based games since the vic-20.... i would have been bored to death, if i should spend 30 years on text based games only. but more power to ya, i say...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:56:58 PM by A1260 »