Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 30th in California - photos and videos  (Read 4147 times)

Description:

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
Re: Amiga 30th in California - photos and videos
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 10:57:19 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;793156
@pwermonger

those videos are just the captured streams. mbrantley (and others) are working on more professionally edited videos for the presentations and showing the exhibits, etc. as i know about 'em, i'll be sure to post 'em here. :)

-- eliyahu

Sweeeeet, I am watching this thread like a hawk! its amazing to see that stuff, they had a 500 in an SX-64 case! That is off the hook!

Offline ssolie

• Show only replies by ssolie
    • http://www.solie.ca/
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 12:21:09 AM »
Quote from: pwermonger;793165
Sweeeeet, I am watching this thread like a hawk! its amazing to see that stuff, they had a 500 in an SX-64 case! That is off the hook!

And that was just one of Dale Luck's treasures. He didn't bring the Amiga dev systems out that are in his trailer. Only a few of us got to see those precious artifacts.

Last night a bunch of us volunteers had pizza and beers at a joint near Dale's place. We closed the place down twice now. Beer was a requirement for many after the gruelling effort to load up the trailer full of Amiga gear. We had to be out of the museum at 20:00 and we just made it due to the sheer volume of Amiga stuff. Dale also collects pin ball machines and cars. It was just... wow.
ExecSG Team Lead

Offline eliyahuTopic starter

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 12:31:20 AM »
@ssolie

in many ways dale's warehouse sounds like an amigan shangri-la. honestly i'd pay to visit. speaking of which, any chance of dale visiting amiwest again this year? i'd love to get dale or carl back in sacramento this october.... ;)

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline pwermonger

• Show only replies by pwermonger
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 12:37:49 AM »
I'd pay to live there. Sounds like paradise, and i sit in my basement and am surrounded by two 4000s, a 3000 and a 1000 all setup, and countless other Amigas at the ready.

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 02:01:46 AM »
@thread

youtube videos are starting to filter in. i've just added a few links to videos from wei-ju wu. enjoy.

-- eliyahu

Offline kickstart

• Show only replies by kickstart
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 03:59:43 AM »
Too "gentlemans club" meeting, i miss a celebration party with compos and some booze... but if people is happy with it congratulations for the meeting.
a1200 060

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 02:22:51 PM »
@thread

new video posted from youtube user "kickstartrom" which covers the roundtable discussion with all of the original amiga design team members at the banquet. this wasn't covered via streaming, so if you weren't there, this is the first time to see it. enjoy. :)

-- eliyahu

Offline kamelito

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »
@SSolie,

In the video (gourse) we see AmigaOS 3.5 and 3.9 does that mean that you also have H&P versions of it ? I thought Hyperion started from 3.1 source code.

Kamelito

Offline aperez

• Show only replies by aperez
    • http://inertial.biz
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 04:41:20 PM »
Quote from: kickstart;793179
Too "gentlemans club" meeting, i miss a celebration party with compos and some booze... but if people is happy with it congratulations for the meeting.

There was plenty of that, I can assure you, as I was there. The festivities continued, off-camera.

Offline ssolie

• Show only replies by ssolie
    • http://www.solie.ca/
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 10:23:38 PM »
Quote from: eliyahu;793168
in many ways dale's warehouse sounds like an amigan shangri-la. honestly i'd pay to visit. speaking of which, any chance of dale visiting amiwest again this year? i'd love to get dale or carl back in sacramento this october.... ;)

They were both invited of course but could not commit yet. I would not count on them attending but you never know.
ExecSG Team Lead

Offline weiju

• Show only replies by weiju
    • http://blog.boxofrats.com
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2015, 02:51:52 AM »
@eliyahu thanks for adding my videos !
@ssolie nice talking to you at amiga30 (sorry if i can't recognize anyone else who i met by their user name) :)
@kamelito i remember that too, was that something about intuition and the code quality being an oxymoron ?

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 02:57:52 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;793141
We do need more stuff on the east coast.  Closest we had to an Amiga event was all the presenters up at VCF-X in NJ, a few months ago:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/oldsmobile_mike/sets/72157649734735584

(Amiga pics are mixed in, most are about halfway through that photoset)

(edit: I didn't realize my stupid descriptions show up when I send links this way, I should probably edit that, haha)

After the close of Amiga 30 I went out for pizza and beer with a huge group of the guys from the show (special thanks and shout-out to Jackie Boys Pizza for staying open late for us and being so very hospitable) and one of the topics of discussion at our end of the table was trying to get something set up for the east coast.  Saturday I had a conversation with "dudeslife" from AtariAge about the lack of activity on our side of the country, and I know you and I discussed it a few times.  I'm very serious about getting something set up.  I'll have more information later.  I have a lot of people to contact, some good guidance from established events (AmiWest and ComVex, thanks guys!) and a piercing drive to actually have a show over here.  My best guess is within 24 months, the first 12 being getting established and the next 12 getting everything arranged.

I have been uploading to my gallery over on AtariAge which also includes what I believe to be an exclusive video of Peter Cherna booting and demonstrating the AA3000.  Thinking back, there may have been a guy to our left taking video, as well, but I am not certain at this point, so I'm going with the exclusive bit.

Yes, Cammie was there and I conversed with her for a short bit.  It was good to see her, for sure.  There's going to be a great picture at her site of David Needle picking her up!

On a personal note, Mike, I saw something which you might get a kick out of.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 03:00:23 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;793199
@thread

new video posted from youtube user "kickstartrom" which covers the roundtable discussion with all of the original amiga design team members at the banquet. this wasn't covered via streaming, so if you weren't there, this is the first time to see it. enjoy. :)

-- eliyahu

NO SHYT??  I thought for sure that would be streamed!  Thank you "kickstartrom" for getting that.  Was any of the banquet streamed (I would assume sans the documentary?)

I'm looking forward to looking at all of the presentations from the show, again, and showing them to friend.

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2015, 03:03:57 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;793245
NO SHYT??  I thought for sure that would be streamed!  Thank you "kickstartrom" for getting that.  Was any of the banquet streamed (I would assume sans the documentary?)

I'm looking forward to looking at all of the presentations from the show, again, and showing them to friend.
AFAIK, no, the banquet wasn't streamed. just the presentations. i'm really glad we were able to see the roundtable. weiju also has a brief video of folks milling about at the beginning of the banquet. also, thanks for the link to the photos. i've added it to the top post of the thread.

@weiju

thanks for the videos, and it's great to see you posting! :)

-- eliyahu

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2015, 03:30:58 AM »
Quote from: LoadWB;793245
(I would assume sans the documentary?)

During the showing on Sunday the producer specifically asked that no video or even still-photos be taken of the documentary, since he's still working on distribution and final editing and whatnot.  It was really, really good though, I can't wait to buy a copy to show my girlfriend.  Maybe once I show it to her she'll understand my obsession with the Amiga?

Nah, who am I kidding, she'll never understand that.  But I still can't wait to buy a copy for myself!  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 03:50:40 AM by Oldsmobile_Mike »
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #29 from previous page: July 29, 2015, 03:32:33 AM »
Quote from: weiju;793242
@kamelito i remember that too, was that something about intuition and the code quality being an oxymoron ?

He said something like "Intuition is the only one-word oxymoron". :laughing:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos