Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What the F***!  (Read 21115 times)

Description:

Offline mbrantley

Re: What the F***!
« on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »
Quote from: Wayne;605589
No, it's not rebuilding the precious dead platform, but does anyone reading this thread REALLY think technology that was dead-ended 16 years ago is worth trying to revive?  I say that we should just enjoy our "classic" platform, or even indulge in one of the new flavors if you really think it worth the aggravation of buggy software and "paying extreme amounts for beta-level hardware", but let's stop deluding ourselves about "the future of the Amiga", shall we?
Wayne

No delusion here, but I truly am enjoying my next-generation Amiga stuff and for me anyway it has been worth the price of admission. And my view is that A Inc. and C=USA are cut from the same cloth.

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 07:19:48 PM »
Quote from: AmigaNG;605793
We can all speculate what would of happened if Commodore kept going, but they didn't, what they left is their legacy, and that is what Amiga users around the world have been hacking, pushing, and expanding on over the past 20 years, and will continue to do so, they didn't come all that way just be told, “forget all that and buy a PC called Amiga, and as a treat a have a skinned linux dispro that looks like you antique OS, you crazy fools”.

Very well said. This is exactly the way I feel too.

Offline mbrantley

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
Quote from: WolfToTheMoon;605902
CUSA are planning a tablet(maybe even a smartphone, although that may be too much from current perspective), but it will not be released that soon.

Wow, CUSA is a bigger player than I thought. Why, I bet all these big plans prove that the Amiga brand is still very valuable as a brand. Amiga Inc. ought to get top offer for it, since it's apparently for sale.

Some might even theorize that's the whole idea here.