Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!  (Read 4594 times)

Description:

Offline Blinx123

• Show only replies by Blinx123
Re: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 18, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »
Quote from: Tempest;719509
Wow, what a stupid comment.

I don't need no stinking leader to use/enjoy my Amiga's. There's no need for a leader, period. cgutjahr is right.

Now look what you made me do, I logged in and posted after almost a year!

Umm. A leader or two certainly couldn't hurt.

Windows got Steam and the Microsoft App Store.
MacOSX got it's own app store.
Android and WebOS also got their own app stores.
Sam: \\"You crack me up little buddy\\"
Max: \\"I love you Sam\\"

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Quote from: Tempest;719509
Wow, what a stupid comment.

I don't need no stinking leader to use/enjoy my Amiga's. There's no need for a leader, period. cgutjahr is right.

Now look what you made me do, I logged in and posted after almost a year!

OK then, what have you done for the Amiga community? Apart from logging in...
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Tempest

• Show only replies by Tempest
Quote from: Blinx123;719514
Umm. A leader or two certainly couldn't hurt.

Windows got Steam and the Microsoft App Store.
MacOSX got it's own app store.
Android and WebOS also got their own app stores.

I don't give a **** about app stores, just enjoy your Amiga and be happy. There's no need for a 'leader" who take's 30% and an anual fee.

Offline Tempest

Quote from: Kesa;719516

Boring, probably more than you'll ever do in your life time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:53:03 AM by Tempest »

Offline wawrzon

on subject:

oh, is that tweedledee and tweedledum out in the wild again? soon we may have another round of "it wasnt me, it was him!" i sense.

Offline Blinx123

• Show only replies by Blinx123
Quote from: Kesa;719516

Well. People like him have certainly given the Amiga community a bad name with their isolationalist stanec. If that's not a major achievement, I dunno what is.
Sam: \\"You crack me up little buddy\\"
Max: \\"I love you Sam\\"

Offline Tempest

Quote from: Blinx123;719520
Well. People like him have certainly given the Amiga community a bad name with their isolationalist stanec. If that's not a major achievement, I dunno what is.

Another boring Amiga user, I've made skins/themes, ported software, made bootup screens and what not... What have you done besides bitching?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:01:13 AM by Tempest »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Who are you calling boring? You don't exactly set the place on fire. Why don't you put your head down the toilet bowl and flush it for us. I double dog dare you  :D
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Tempest

Quote from: Kesa;719522
Who are you calling boring? You don't exactly set the place on fire. Why don't you put your head down the toilet bowl and flush it for us. I double dog dare you  :D

That's very funny, but please tell us what you have done for the Amiga community, besides posting crap. Posting silly **** is easy, anybody can do that.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:12:02 AM by Tempest »

Offline eliyahu

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by eliyahu
@thread

guys, this is getting out of hand. stop the personal attacks. now.

-- eliyahu
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here."

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

I love the idea of an "app store" for Amiga.  Good luck!  :)  Gaah, so much negativity on this thread!  :-/
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
Aminet always worked for me, and I suppose if I'm going to buy software I'd prefer to give the authors 100% profits vs a 70/30 split for what is essentially just a storefront dropsite.  Or use a reputable brick and mortar vendor.

You'll have to forgive me but I've seen enough people screwed and jerked around by DFX to give them a dime of my money again.  Gave up on Aladdin, money flushed down the bog on that one.

Offline commodorejohn

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
Why in God's name would an Amiga developer use a service that takes a 30% cut to distribute software to a tiny community whose members are all already well-acquainted with downloading and installing software from the Internet, on a platform that has had a perfectly decent installer system since 1990?
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Quote from: commodorejohn;719553
Why in God's name would an Amiga developer use a service that takes a 30% cut to distribute software to a tiny community whose members are all already well-acquainted with downloading and installing software from the Internet, on a platform that has had a perfectly decent installer system since 1990?

Well we do advertise and market Project Metropolis so that's one plus for developers. We have a full page color Ad in Amiga Future 100 & 101 for example. At the end of the day though each developer will have to decide if Project Metropolis is a right or wrong solution for them. They are welcome to keep doing it the old way but that has not really helped this market grow much.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline utri007

Good idee, it is big problem to find anything new now a days. Maybe it even gives little boost to software develobment.

This is something that we need.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline Johan Samuelsson

• Show only replies by Johan Samuelsson
    • http://www.ponnyslakteriet.com/uprough
Post removed due to TOS violation:

Blatant personal attacks are not permitted.
Criticize  ideas, not people. Excessive flaming will not be tolerated. Users who  verbally assault the character or person of other posters on a regular  basis will be banned. Name calling is best left to grade school.  Moderator's judgment applies here. "You are wrong" is not a personal  attack; "You are an idiot" is. "You do not have all of the facts" is not  a personal attack; "you are obviously clueless" is. These are  generalized examples, but you get the idea.

-- eliyahu
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:48:10 PM by eliyahu »
.\\\\ Spot / Up Rough Soundsystem //.
check it ---> http://www.uprough.net