Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!  (Read 4593 times)

Description:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
Is Aladdin4D 5.x not available on that day because of the 13th Bakhtun of the Mayan Calendar?

Quote from: Pyromania;719460
Yes it now includes a native App for AmigaOS 4.x, MorphOS, AROS & Classic Amiga. Payments will still be processed though Paypal via the application. Aladdin4D 5.x will not be available on December 21st, 2012.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Blinx123

• Show only replies by Blinx123
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;719482
Well, where can I get this application from then? The website does not provide a downloadable link for the application.....or...wait...I get it now. I have to pay the money first before I get the link to download the app from the first place. I see.

Do I just pay by paypal using the email address and that is that or is there like an online shopping cart or something?

It's still in beta, that's why there's no publicly downloadable application yet.

Developers probably already have access to a toned down version with sales disabled.
Sam: \\"You crack me up little buddy\\"
Max: \\"I love you Sam\\"

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
Quote from: Blinx123;719485
It's still in beta, that's why there's no publicly downloadable application yet.

Developers probably already have access to a toned down version with sales disabled.

Then I am relying on them to post a news with a link of download or purchase of the product here in Amiga.org. In the mean I will keep checking for an updates everyday.

To have a new A COMMERCIAL apps where I can buy for my Amiga 1200 and the fact I CAN BUY NEW COMMERCIAL GAMES through this app and any new commercial apps....IS NOT ONLY HOT...but FINALLY I can feel my A1200 have a brand new life to live and I feel back at the era of Commodore 64, again. I just hope the new games are all AGA games and with greatest graphics possible and fun gameplay!

Offline Blinx123

Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;719487
Then I am relying on them to post a news with a link of download or purchase of the product here in Amiga.org. In the mean I will keep checking for an updates everyday.

To have a new A COMMERCIAL apps where I can buy for my Amiga 1200 and the fact I CAN BUY NEW COMMERCIAL GAMES through this app and any new commercial apps....IS NOT ONLY HOT...but FINALLY I can feel my A1200 have a brand new life to live and I feel back at the era of Commodore 64, again. I just hope the new games are all AGA games and with greatest graphics possible and fun gameplay!

I hope not.

While AGA is great, OCS/ECS graphics can, likewise, be quite interesting.
If I get the chance to, I'll most definitely program for AGA as well as OCS/ECS.

Offline Johan Samuelsson

• Show only replies by Johan Samuelsson
    • http://www.ponnyslakteriet.com/uprough
Zzzzz... Oh wait? 30% in the tiny amiga market? For what? Your crappy wordpress site? Hahahah! I wish you good luck! You will need it!
.\\\\ Spot / Up Rough Soundsystem //.
check it ---> http://www.uprough.net

Offline AmigaClassicRule

Quote from: Blinx123;719488
I hope not.

While AGA is great, OCS/ECS graphics can, likewise, be quite interesting.
If I get the chance to, I'll most definitely program for AGA as well as OCS/ECS.

Well, at least let the difference between AGA vs OCS/ECS is great and worth it. I just noticed majorty of the commercial (old) games with OCS/ECS vs their AGA version their graphics where not ALL THAT NOTICEABLE making it questionable why get an AGA game version.

Of course for a view exception, but right now in 2012...at least make the AGA graphics games NOTICEABLE in difference, quality and entertainment verses the OCS/ECS version or otherwise do not make AGA games period.

AS old an outdated AGA chipset is...it is a good improvement over OCS/ECS...it would be great to see games EXPLOIT it to the maximum instead of Amiga Demos who exploit it.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:29:32 PM by AmigaClassicRule »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Quote from: spotUP;719492
Zzzzz... Oh wait? 30% in the tiny amiga market? For what? Your crappy wordpress site? Hahahah! I wish you good luck! You will need it!

Idiot.

We have someone trying to give desperately needed leadership for the community - what gives you the right to judge? What have you contributed to the Amiga community lately?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

Quote from: spotUP;719492

I am curious. If you open the dictionary and look at the word troll with an example, would that above there be it?

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Quote from: cgutjahr;719467
There is no "application", it's just a website. And there are no devs that are ever going to use "Project Metropolis".

The yearly fee of 40 USD would have to be paid by the developer, for the privilege to have his software listed on said website. You, as a customer, would only pay for applications you purchase.

But you really don't need get interested in any details. Project Metropolis is just another excuse to create 'press releases'.

You think you can do better? You lead and i will follow.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
I would very much be interested in something like this even if it costs money :)

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
Quote from: Kesa;719494
Idiot.
How mature.

We have someone trying to give desperately needed leadership
LOL, Bill and his imaginary friends providing "leadership"? You crack me up.

Here's an idea: count the DiscreetFX related news items at AmigaWorld (close to a hundred) and compare that with actual results delivered (zero). Use this evidence to calculate the likelyhood of "Project Metropolis" ever going anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:58:19 PM by cgutjahr »

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;719465
So I have to pay $39.96 to access the application and download it into my Amiga 1200 to then use the application itself to browse and buy software online through the apps and see what new apps and games are available for me in my A1200?

What if in one year I cancelled my subscription, does that mean I cannot use the App I installed into my A1200 anymore?

Ones I pay the $39.96 yearly subscription will there be a link for me to download hte application? Is the name of app called Metropolis?

End users pay $0 for the Project Metropolis App. They only pay if they buy an application in the store.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline Blinx123

Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;719493
Well, at least let the difference between AGA vs OCS/ECS is great and worth it. I just noticed majorty of the commercial (old) games with OCS/ECS vs their AGA version their graphics where not ALL THAT NOTICEABLE making it questionable why get an AGA game version.

Of course for a view exception, but right now in 2012...at least make the AGA graphics games NOTICEABLE in difference, quality and entertainment verses the OCS/ECS version or otherwise do not make AGA games period.

AS old an outdated AGA chipset is...it is a good improvement over OCS/ECS...it would be great to see games EXPLOIT it to the maximum instead of Amiga Demos who exploit it.

I'm authoring it with AGA in mind (as I don't currently own an OCS/ECS Amiga). So yea, there's a good chance the game will look quite different on lowlier hardware.

At this point, I'm exclusively working in Windows. Hopefully, this will soon change (as soon as I can find a darn 2.5 IDE HDD that actually works).

Offline Tempest

• Show only replies by Tempest
Quote from: Kesa;719494
Idiot.

We have someone trying to give desperately needed leadership for the community - what gives you the right to judge? What have you contributed to the Amiga community lately?

Wow, what a stupid comment.

I don't need no stinking leader to use/enjoy my Amiga's. There's no need for a leader, period. cgutjahr is right.

Now look what you made me do, I logged in and posted after almost a year!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 12:38:27 AM by Tempest »

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
Quote from: cgutjahr;719501
How mature.

LOL, Bill and his imaginary friends providing "leadership"? You crack me up.

Here's an idea: count the DiscreetFX related news items at AmigaWorld (close to a hundred) and compare that with actual results delivered (zero). Use this evidence to calculate the likelyhood of "Project Metropolis" ever going anywhere.

Wow thanx for the vote of confidence! We partner with outside vendors on some of our products. Thus we are at the mercy of market conditions and said outside vendors for those products.

Offline Blinx123

Re: Commercial AmigaOS - MorphOS - AROS Developers Join Project Metropolis Free!
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 18, 2012, 12:43:44 AM »
Quote from: Tempest;719509
Wow, what a stupid comment.

I don't need no stinking leader to use/enjoy my Amiga's. There's no need for a leader, period. cgutjahr is right.

Now look what you made me do, I logged in and posted after almost a year!

Umm. A leader or two certainly couldn't hurt.

Windows got Steam and the Microsoft App Store.
MacOSX got it's own app store.
Android and WebOS also got their own app stores.