Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org recommends Skullcandy Headphones for Amiga, MorphOS, AROS & Amiga Forever  (Read 4707 times)

Description:

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: Amiga.org recommends Skullcandy Headphones for Amiga, MorphOS, AROS & Amiga Forev
« Reply #44 from previous page: December 10, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
Quote from: Karlos;718300
Personally I recommend the Stax SR-009 electrostatic headphones.

Frequency Response: 5 - 42,000Hz
Sound Pressure Sensitivity: 101dB / 100V r.m.s. 1 kHz
Maximum Sound Pressure: 118dB / 400Hz

Can't argue with those figures. Since they are electrostatic and require quite high voltage bias (580V), you'll need to buy the special preamp.

https://www.staxusa.com/stax-sr-009.html

problem?
Possibly the most amazing headphones I have ever seen... Would love to try them out!

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
As far as I'm concerned, unless it says Grado or Sennheiser on the side, it's probably crap. Can't blame the other manufacturers though, people want headphones that dump bass and don't care about highs and mids. So they put crappy speakers in the cans and spend lots of time making adds with rap dudes who look like they're scowling.

Wouldn't buy skullcandy though. If I wanted cheap headphones, I'd go for a Sony or Koss pair. Don't see the point in it though, when you can get a great pair of headphones from Grado for under 100 bucks. Sennheiser seems to have something at just about every price point, and all are probably above average in sound quality.

I have a pair of SR 125 grado phones. Best phones I've ever listened with. I bought it after I wore out the ear muffs on my SR 60. There really isn't much of a difference between the two.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
Koaftder has hit it in the head with all the "premium"  brands. They all dump excess amounts of bass in your ears and drown out everything else. And rap stars are going to advertise them because most of the time their albums are full of bollocks and nonsense. So the lack of defined vocals on the headphones probably help sell records.

Offline Fats

• Show only replies by Fats
Quote from: Karlos;718358
I tried some skullcandy headphones, but decided my cheap Sennheiser pair sounded rather better. I'd agree that they are more of a fashion thing, all the kids have 'em ;)

So not all of amiga.org recommend these headphones. Reason more to not have such post ever again on amiga.org !!!
Trust me...                                              I know what I\'m doing

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
Quote from: Fats;718450
So not all of amiga.org recommend these headphones. Reason more to not have such post ever again on amiga.org !!!

Well, I'm just a user, like you.
int p; // A

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
Well for anyone interested here is a review/test of 50 headphones, quite decent read.
Myself I do not care about the looks of headphones, but besides sound they should be comfortable, no small things or in-ear for me.

I also like to have a decent sound card for my headphones, I currently use a Asus Xonar STX with headphone amp and I love it :)

Here is the review/test of 50 headphones:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-50-headphones-compared

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
@som99

Thanx for the cool headphone review link.

Offline som99

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by som99
    • http://www.som99.se
Quote from: Pyromania;718467
@som99

Thanx for the cool headphone review link.

Your welcome :)

Offline Thorham

• Show only replies by Thorham
Cool reviews :) Try recommending Skullcandy on that forum...

Offline magnetic

• Show only replies by magnetic
How odd this thread....

Anyway, strangely enough I just bought a skullcandy headset for my phone. Why did i get this brand? It was the second cheapest at the best buy when I walked in. Having said that they are just as good as the headset that came with my gf's iphone and the ones that came with my phone originally. (which I lost)  
 The one thing I cant stand about them is the stupid skulls all over them. Have you guys noticed all of a sudden the deaths head all over the place in western culture? for centuries the deaths head (skull) was considered evil and something to be frightened of. Certainly nobody would be wearing a skull on their clothing.
 Even in modern times the only people who bore skull anything were gang members and bikers so they would frighten regular normal people. Now, they have childrens clothes drenched in skulls, skull imagery everwhere. Its sick. I suggest that instead of debating about headphones you spend time looking into the illumanati and the germanic death cults and secret societies like skull and bones and masonry. Altough once you do this, be warned, its scary.

If you are looking for a good headset for a stereo or dj ng I suggest headphones from American Dj. They are not as physically well constructed as the pricey headphones (like good Sennheisers) but when you compare the specs they are a steal for the money.
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs

Offline TheBilgeRat

• Show only replies by TheBilgeRat
Quote from: koaftder;718365
As far as I'm concerned, unless it says Grado or Sennheiser on the side, it's probably crap. Can't blame the other manufacturers though, people want headphones that dump bass and don't care about highs and mids. So they put crappy speakers in the cans and spend lots of time making adds with rap dudes who look like they're scowling.

Wouldn't buy skullcandy though. If I wanted cheap headphones, I'd go for a Sony or Koss pair. Don't see the point in it though, when you can get a great pair of headphones from Grado for under 100 bucks. Sennheiser seems to have something at just about every price point, and all are probably above average in sound quality.

I have a pair of SR 125 grado phones. Best phones I've ever listened with. I bought it after I wore out the ear muffs on my SR 60. There really isn't much of a difference between the two.

I got some klipsch S4 References that were wonderfully balanced.  I knew I was on the right track when all the douchebag teens on Amazon were downrating them for "Not enough bass".