Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Lifetime Membership Special  (Read 4797 times)

Description:

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Amiga.org Lifetime Membership Special
« on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
Quote from: Transition;685681
Several months back Amiga.org had continuous slowdown issues so we upgraded to a robust high bandwidth hosting plan to give all members a smooth as silk responsive site. Now we are running a special on limited number of lifetime premium memberships to help share in the hosting charges.

It's a great deal for members because you get a lifetime membership to the site with all that brings for only a one time fee of $30. Normally one year memberships are $20. So please enjoy the site and if you can become a lifetime member and no longer worry about renewals and help keep Amiga.org on net.

To become a lifetime member just click "Feed the kitty" on the lower right. Then pick custom amount and input $30. You're membership will then be upgraded to lifetime status with 24 hours or less. Or you can just send $30 to Paypal address store@discreetfx.com with subject Lifetime Member. Thanks again for the help.

Done it! You just got $30 in the kitty.... :biglaugh:

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;686010
@Middleman

Thanx, your donation not only goes towards hosting but also helps Amiga.org grow and expand. For example we take out regular paid Ads in Amiga Future and other places. Also, there is no way to figure out what kind of price to put on our time investment sourcing new interesting Amiga news, approving new members and keeping the site running. Even if some members don't want to take advantage of the great value of a Limited Time $30 Lifetime Membership they can donate something. Every little bitty bit helps.

:)

Thanks, and you're welcome too! :) I've certainly been to Amiga.org and popped in to visit quite a few times over the years and it's been one of my more favourite computer sites. I guess this is my way of saying thanks to the community and doing my bit to keep it going...

But there is something I wish to say and it is...now that a modern Amiga is coming back via the efforts of CUSA I want others to recognize that they are the real beesknees, and I hope Amiga.org remains impartial to their development. Actually I want to emphasize that, many of the fears allayed about CUSA are unfounded. Having followed them for over almost a year as an independent IT 'observer' of 30 years if you will, I feel that they are capable and indeed up to the task of reviving the brand. Barry isn't as bad as people think and Leo is someone who has his head and heart in the right place to lead Commodore to the next age. As the lead developer of Commodore OS, Leo has demonstrated that despite their company size they are very determined and efficient with how they handle development. Not even companies like Dell have approached in creating their own OS this way. In this light their efforts should be commended I feel...

That said the development of Amiga on the x86 platform is an ongoing process, just like the PPC versions. We never how it will turn out because there are so many options for how the system could turn out. But with the support of the community perhaps we will get our ideal dream machine soon...

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 05:26:13 AM »
Quote from: Transition;686244
@Middleman

If Barry feels misunderstood he is welcome to do an interview with Amiga.org anytime to tell his side of the story. We are an impartial news based Amiga site so welcome his explanation. He would get the questions in advance by e-mail and can answer them in his leisure. It might help the Amiga community understand him better. Maybe you could propose this to him Middleman?

Sure, I will pass it on... :)