Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga.org Lifetime Membership Special  (Read 4782 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
Re: Amiga.org Lifetime Membership Special
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;685758
So if I contribute $30 right now, I'm a lifetime member?  (I'm not a member right now)

Of course you are already a member (just like everyone else has been since they joined, and will be till they leave).

You don't seem to understand the point: Normal yearly membership fee is $20 and if you pay the $30 you don't have to worry about renewals!

:crazy: :lol:
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Middleman
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
Quote from: Transition;685681
Several months back Amiga.org had continuous slowdown issues so we upgraded to a robust high bandwidth hosting plan to give all members a smooth as silk responsive site. Now we are running a special on limited number of lifetime premium memberships to help share in the hosting charges.

It's a great deal for members because you get a lifetime membership to the site with all that brings for only a one time fee of $30. Normally one year memberships are $20. So please enjoy the site and if you can become a lifetime member and no longer worry about renewals and help keep Amiga.org on net.

To become a lifetime member just click "Feed the kitty" on the lower right. Then pick custom amount and input $30. You're membership will then be upgraded to lifetime status with 24 hours or less. Or you can just send $30 to Paypal address store@discreetfx.com with subject Lifetime Member. Thanks again for the help.

Done it! You just got $30 in the kitty.... :biglaugh:

Offline Pyromania

• Sent from my Quantum Computer
    • Show only replies by Pyromania
    • http://www.discreetfx.com
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 06:18:31 PM »
@Middleman

Thanx, your donation not only goes towards hosting but also helps Amiga.org grow and expand. For example we take out regular paid Ads in Amiga Future and other places. Also, there is no way to figure out what kind of price to put on our time investment sourcing new interesting Amiga news, approving new members and keeping the site running. Even if some members don't want to take advantage of the great value of a Limited Time $30 Lifetime Membership they can donate something. Every little bitty bit helps.

:)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:20:33 PM by Pyromania »

Offline anachronicus

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by anachronicus
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 06:54:01 PM »
I'll jump in on this as well.  Here kitty kitty.... :)
Anachronicus
-------------------
A1200 Power tower/ZIV busboard cybervision 3d mkii
A1200 ACA 1231, Indivision MK2 AGA
AT 4000T, missing cpu card, working condition unknown
A500 with scant signs of life
CUSA C64x Deluxe
Various and sundry Windows boxes

Offline SysAdminTopic starter

• News posting Auto Agent
    • Show only replies by SysAdmin
    • http://www.a-eon.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
Please don't be shy, donate and help Amiga.org expand.
Posts on this account before August 4th, 2012 don\'t belong to me.

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
I fed the kitty. :)

Offline hooligan

• Show only replies by hooligan
    • http://www.mikseri.net/hooligan
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 11:29:51 PM »
I am allergic to cats. I ****ing hate them. If I were a dictator I'd command all cats to be terminated. Wake me up when I can donate for doggies.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 02:06:33 AM »
Thanks much CritAnime, Middleman & anachronicus. Your pledge of support is most appreciated and will help Amiga.org grow and grow. All three of you are now Lifetime Premium Members of this site. What about everyone else please?

Offline dwaldrop

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by dwaldrop
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 03:06:56 AM »
Done and done.  
Well worth the $30!  
Thank you for this opportunity.

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 04:27:43 AM »
Quote from: dwaldrop;686176
Done and done.  
Well worth the $30!  
Thank you for this opportunity.

Thanks for your support, you have been upgraded to a Lifetime Premium Member, enjoy!

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
Its worth it when its keeping the site going. I may have only been active on this site for a year but I have been visiting and reading articles for a lot longer.

Offline Middleman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Middleman
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Quote from: Pyromania;686010
@Middleman

Thanx, your donation not only goes towards hosting but also helps Amiga.org grow and expand. For example we take out regular paid Ads in Amiga Future and other places. Also, there is no way to figure out what kind of price to put on our time investment sourcing new interesting Amiga news, approving new members and keeping the site running. Even if some members don't want to take advantage of the great value of a Limited Time $30 Lifetime Membership they can donate something. Every little bitty bit helps.

:)

Thanks, and you're welcome too! :) I've certainly been to Amiga.org and popped in to visit quite a few times over the years and it's been one of my more favourite computer sites. I guess this is my way of saying thanks to the community and doing my bit to keep it going...

But there is something I wish to say and it is...now that a modern Amiga is coming back via the efforts of CUSA I want others to recognize that they are the real beesknees, and I hope Amiga.org remains impartial to their development. Actually I want to emphasize that, many of the fears allayed about CUSA are unfounded. Having followed them for over almost a year as an independent IT 'observer' of 30 years if you will, I feel that they are capable and indeed up to the task of reviving the brand. Barry isn't as bad as people think and Leo is someone who has his head and heart in the right place to lead Commodore to the next age. As the lead developer of Commodore OS, Leo has demonstrated that despite their company size they are very determined and efficient with how they handle development. Not even companies like Dell have approached in creating their own OS this way. In this light their efforts should be commended I feel...

That said the development of Amiga on the x86 platform is an ongoing process, just like the PPC versions. We never how it will turn out because there are so many options for how the system could turn out. But with the support of the community perhaps we will get our ideal dream machine soon...

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 02:48:56 PM »
I don't think you have been understanding what you have been observing from what you have written in your second paragraph. Or just had your eyes shut, like most current "Amiga Users". (Actually I think even most Amiga users are not fooled by the CUSA nonsense).

Offline buzz

• Show only replies by buzz
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
also:

"But with the support of the community perhaps we will get our ideal dream machine soon..."

if commodore OS is your dream, just buy an off the shelf PC and run Ubuntu/Mint and give it a C= theme with lots of C= logos etc.

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 03:26:50 PM »
@Middleman

If Barry feels misunderstood he is welcome to do an interview with Amiga.org anytime to tell his side of the story. We are an impartial news based Amiga site so welcome his explanation. He would get the questions in advance by e-mail and can answer them in his leisure. It might help the Amiga community understand him better. Maybe you could propose this to him Middleman?

Offline giZmo350

• Lifetime Member
  • Gulfport, Miss
    • Show only replies by giZmo350
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 31, 2012, 03:41:48 PM »
$30.00 big ones from my kitty to your kitty! Thanks Amiga.org! :D
A500: 2MB Chip, 8MB Fast, IndiECS, MiniMegi, IDE4ZorroII on Z-500, KS1.3/KS3.1, WB3.1&BWB

A2000HD: 2MB Chip, 128MB Fast, P5:Blizz 2060@50MHz, PCD-50B/4GBCF, XSurf100, RapidRoad, IndiECS, Matze RTG, MiniMegi, CD-RW, SunRize AD516, WB3.9

A1200: 2MB Chip, 64MB Fast, 4GBCF, GVP Typhoon 030 @40MHz w/FPU, Subway USB, EasyNet Ethernet, Indi AGA MKI, FastATA MK-IV, Internal Slim CD/DVD-RW, WB3.5

Surfing The Web With AMIGA Is Fun Again!