Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hyperion Entertainment Developer Blog  (Read 5963 times)

Description:

Offline kolla

Re: Hyperion Entertainment Developer Blog
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 21, 2010, 09:35:12 PM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600367
the AmigaOS4 rip off called AROS.

Surely you mean Amiga OS 3.1 rip off?
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 01:34:59 AM »
Quote from: kolla;600587
Surely you mean Amiga OS 3.1 rip off?

Yes you are right but I also mean AROS shamelessly even tries to look like AmigaOS with the dock bar and the way it functions I mean all they have to do is add subdocks and the photocopy is almost complete. Yes the icons are drawn a little differently and they call it Wanderer instead of workbench but they are not trying to hard to make it a whole lot more different are they?

It's like as if they badly want AmigaOS but not on PPC so they are just photocopying it so to speak onto x86. Looks like a rip off, works like a rip off so it is a rip off.

At least MorphOS looks different.

Offline Terminills

• Grand Conspirator
    • Show only replies by Terminills
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 01:49:38 AM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600617
Yes you are right but I also mean AROS shamelessly even tries to look like AmigaOS with the dock bar and the way it functions I mean all they have to do is add subdocks and the photocopy is almost complete. Yes the icons are drawn a little differently and they call it Wanderer instead of workbench but they are not trying to hard to make it a whole lot more different are they?

It's like as if they badly want AmigaOS but not on PPC so they are just photocopying it so to speak onto x86. Looks like a rip off, works like a rip off so it is a rip off.

Those corporate pigs... errr wait ahh nm =\

I'm pretty sure the point of Aros was to create an opensource reimplementation of amigaos =D
Support AROS sponsor a developer.

edited by mod: this has been addressed

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:49 AM »
Quote from: Terminills;600618

I'm pretty sure the point of Aros was to create an opensource reimplementation of amigaos =D

Yup, Since 1994....

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 06:29:32 AM »
Yes and since AROS started first, then that means that amiga os4 is an aros ripoff :lol:

Someone at Amiga inc saw aros and thought yes thats it! Hey this aros idea is good, but lets make ours for ridiculously priced power pc boards, AND make it closed source so we can completely control it without annoying users getting in our way. Yes thats it! And in true post commodore amiga style it will be an almost total failure!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:33:17 AM by haywirepc »

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 07:04:08 AM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600617

However, AROS was here first so you could definitely argue who is ripping who off! :-P
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline Manu

• Show only replies by Manu
    • http://www.cartoonspace.net
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 07:29:31 AM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;600641
However, AROS was here first so you could definitely argue who is ripping who off! :-P

LOL:-) Yeah and if OS4 gets Gallium soon it will most definitely start to look like an AROS rip off.
AmigaOS or MorphOS on x86 would sell orders of magnitude more than the current, hardware-intensive solutions. And they\\\'d go faster. --D.Haynie

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2010, 12:19:09 AM »
@Terminills
@Argo
@Haywirepc
@Takemehomegrandma
@Manu

Sorry to burst your bubble boys.... well i'm not really :) but AmigaOS4.1 is a continuation of the development of all the previous WORKBENCH/AmigaOS derivatives including AmigaOS/Workbench 3.1 which AROS clearly is a rip off of. So bearing this in mind yes AROS was around before AmigaOS4 but it wasn't before 3.1 and all subsequent advances to which AmigaOS4 and 4.1 is as mentioned a derivative of.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600907
@Terminills
@Argo
@Haywirepc
@Takemehomegrandma
@Manu

Sorry to burst your bubble boys.... well i'm not really :) but AmigaOS4.1 is a continuation of the development of all the previous WORKBENCH/AmigaOS derivatives including AmigaOS/Workbench 3.1 which AROS clearly is a rip off of. So bearing this in mind yes AROS was around before AmigaOS4 but it wasn't before 3.1 and all subsequent advances to which AmigaOS4 and 4.1 is as mentioned a derivative of.

:roflmao:

Hello Dr Hirudo, long time no see.
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2010, 12:38:33 AM »
Quote from: Fairdinkem;600907
@Terminills
@Argo
@Haywirepc
@Takemehomegrandma
@Manu

Sorry to burst your bubble boys.... well i'm not really :) but AmigaOS4.1 is a continuation of the development of all the previous WORKBENCH/AmigaOS derivatives including AmigaOS/Workbench 3.1

Ahhh, gentlemen! We have a techie troll in our midst!

So tell me mr Fairdinkem, if that is your real name, how exactly is AOS4 a confirmation of 3.1, where AROS and MoS are not?*

which AROS clearly is a rip off of. So bearing this in mind yes AROS was around before AmigaOS4 but it wasn't before 3.1 and all subsequent advances to which AmigaOS4 and 4.1 is as mentioned a derivative of.

not sure I even parse this paragraph...

*I'll give you a quick clue; Hypeion have gone on record to say that very little of the AmigaOS 3.1 source code was used in AOS4 and that parts of AROS were used in AmigaOS 3.5 and 3.9...

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:37 AM »
You know.. you guys are one of the two reasons I am not going to try Morph any time soon

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2010, 01:08:37 AM »
@ bloodline
And running AROS on your MiniMig or Natami is totally out of the question?

It's not out of the question I'll have to wait and see, It's just that what I've learnt about the Natami it looks like the best choice for a modern Amiga for me personally, but until something actually appears there's not point in me saying which way I'll choose to go... :)

@ kix330r
oh, sorry I thought you still had your PPC card from your comments on other threads, anyhow I hope Natami comes out for you then as I don't think Minimig AGA will run things any faster than your current classic setup.

Sorry kik300r, I do have my 060/PPC card, what I meant in that post was if the Natami came out then if something were to go wrong with my BlizzPPC I wouldn't have to shell out nearly 500 quid again on ebay to buy another one... :)

I don't want to purchase a PC anymore and as I probably said here before the couple of macs I've got are for the internet only I really don't want to move away from the classic OS3.x and original Amiga hardware as it just my own personal taste that I am happy with and the Natami if it's true will in simple terms be basically be a faster more modern version of the original Amiga hardware... :)

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:53 AM »
@ Nicholas
Hello Dr Hirudo, long time no see.

Don't know who Dr Hirudo is?

Offline Fransexy_

• Show only replies by Fransexy_
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »
Why the hell a thread about a developer blog for AmigaOS4 has become to another port to x86 and MorphOS/AROS vs AmigaOS4 flamewar?
Have you all become insane or what?
DON\'T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY AFTER ALL NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE OF IT

Offline Fairdinkem

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2010, 02:00:39 AM »
Quote from: bloodline;600915
Ahhh, gentlemen! We have a techie troll in our midst!

So tell me mr Fairdinkem, if that is your real name, how exactly is AOS4 a confirmation of 3.1, where AROS and MoS are not?*

not sure I even parse this paragraph...

*I'll give you a quick clue; Hypeion have gone on record to say that very little of the AmigaOS 3.1 source code was used in AOS4 and that parts of AROS were used in AmigaOS 3.5 and 3.9...

Nice of you to call me a QUOTE Troll only because I stand in difference to your opinion..... Sorry I won't bow to your peer pressure tactics.

Little of 3.1 code was used by Hyperion because Amiga Inc could not/would not supply the source code sorry my friend. Hyperion advanced AmigaOS4 beyond that which was asked of them by Amiga Inc and created the Next Gen AmigaOS that was a stand alone OS independent of 68k.

Why is AROS and MorphOS not a confirmation of 3.1? I think you already no the answer to that but I will go there. Whist legalities were being conducted for the intellectual properties of Amiga part of the Amiga community thought they would take it upon themselves to set themselves up as the TRUE Amiga successor whilst in the background the real war was being conducted. Hyperion is the end result of many battles as far as the operating system is concerned not the good intentions of some well meaning or opinionated Amiga community members. (May the flaming begin.)

I would like to remind all on the thread I use all flavours of Amiga ie

I own a Pegasos 2 with registered copy of MorphOS 2.7, AmigaOS4.1 plus I have a PPC Classic Amiga 1200 and a 030 accelerated Amiga 1200 and an Amiga 500 plus I have a live cd of AROS.

So I am hardly a TROLL waving the Hyperion Flag but I do have my preference.

Yet no one has bothered to answer why it is that everyone is happy to bash Hyperion for not entering the x86 frontier but not the MorphOS team for taking MorphOS to the promised land?

Whilst all along AROS is held up as Amigas messiah yet it seems that they are not satisfied by it and are still holding out for AmigaOS to be ported?

By the way I am not some guy named Dr Hirudo, my nickname for this forum is Fairdinkem as it has always been.

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 02:01:22 AM »
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:09:25 AM by persia »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.