Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tell me about your spectrum  (Read 3189 times)

Description:

Offline fitzsteve

• Show all replies
Re: Tell me about your spectrum
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:59:12 AM »
Speccy's is where it started for me too!

My step dad had a 48k and then a 128k (toast rack) which he let me use :)

Next Christmas they bought me my own +2a when it was new out, came with 007 and light gun and was truely awesome.

My fav games were the Dizzy series and I dabbled with some simple program code from some books we had like the big book of games.

Have a +3 now which I got in about 98' for nostalgia reasons, but still to this day have all my original Speccy Tapes from back in the day and all the original accesories.  Sadly the +2a went to the Speccy graveyard in about 94/95

I recently picked up a DivIDE and its great stuff for anyone getting back into the speccy scene :afro:

Steve.

Offline fitzsteve

• Show all replies
Re: Tell me about your spectrum
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 11:23:30 PM »
Quote from: Managarm;593450
Hi Guys,

Talking of Spectrums, does anyone know of any decent emulators for it on the Amiga or Windows?

I downloaded one for the Amiga off Aminet years ago and it was slow and seemed to only play games which turned out to be crap. I Googled a few for Windows but they were either fiddly or weren't free.

Cheers,
Rob.

Hi Rob,

What spec Amiga do you have?

ZXAM Spectrum runs perfect on 030 or 040 Amiga's and ASP is the best one if you have an 060.

I play a lot of Speccy games on the Amiga because you can use a regular Joystick and full screen on TV is about as close as you can get to to the real thing.

PeeCee emulators all suck, seems sooooo fake....

Steve.