Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tell me about your spectrum  (Read 3198 times)

Description:

Offline Retrofan

• Show all replies
Re: Tell me about your spectrum
« on: November 21, 2010, 12:44:49 AM »
This was my first computer and that was 1982. The Commodore was too expensive for me (I bought it last year, never's too late), although we used it at school.
Almost all my fellows had an Spectrum 48k. That was very cool... we were sharing games, just copying with a casette. Knight Lore was an awesome game and I think never went to Commodore.
I remember there's somewhere a great discussion that some tv or radio organized trying to know what was better if the ZX48 or the C64, and the Spectrum seemed to get winner in general (at least about programing I think can be understood). It seemed for example that to make a circle on the C64 has a lot more work than in an Spectrum (with a command for that). Music and graphic/colors were better in the C=

But I will never forget the first time I played One on One on the C64. It was incredible for that time... nothing to do in the Spectrum.

Now I've got an Spectrum emulator which I like to play on the Amiga.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 12:54:21 AM by Retrofan »
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.

Offline Retrofan

• Show all replies
Re: Tell me about your spectrum
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 01:07:54 AM »
Quote from: fitzsteve;593330

I recently picked up a DivIDE and its great stuff for anyone getting back into the speccy scene :afro:

Steve.

I was looking at the Divide too, but one thing old gamers will like to remember was that sound when you were loading a game from a casette...
A1200, Lateral 32GB CF, internal Dvd, ACA 1230/56 with an MKII Fast ATA at 9,5Mb/s, another A1200 BPPC project in progress (more or less), and posting from my own/better C64x in my Tv using Hdmi.