Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ordered my AmigaOne X5000 from Amiga On The Lake in USA  (Read 2317 times)

Description:

Offline iCreate

• Show only replies by iCreate
Re: Ordered my AmigaOne X5000 from Amiga On The Lake in USA
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2016, 02:27:37 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;818056
And yet, the first system delivered was sold by AOTL.
That's who I'm buying from.

Good luck.

Offline amigasocietyTopic starter

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 02:29:26 AM »
Just received an update.  Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow.  So, unless UPS does not do their job, or decides to drop test it, I should get the X5K before 2016 ends.  :roflmao:

Looking forward to my box O fun!

TJ
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline iCreate

• Show only replies by iCreate
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 02:35:14 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;818058
Just received an update.  Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow.  So, unless UPS does not do their job, or decides to drop test it, I should get the X5K before 2016 ends.  :roflmao:

TJ

Well, that's good news.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 03:30:39 AM »
Quote from: iCreate;818057
Good luck.

Hardly necessary.
Even when I buy on eBay, I don't rely on luck, I rely on a payment method I can ask for a chargeback on.
And I've talked with this guy and trust him.

Like I said, he shipped the first production X5000 delivered to a customer.
Got any reason for the negativity, or (like so many here) are you just reserving the option to be a...?
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 05:54:14 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;818058

TJ

Thats fantastic news. I'm excited for you. Just in time for Xmas. :)

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 05:57:06 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;818062
Thats fantastic news. I'm excited for you. Just in time for Xmas. :)

Well after Christmas.  AOTL is east coast and I am west coast.  My guess is it will arrive Friday 30th....  ;-)

I can drink and me merry for New Years and setup my X5K.

TJ
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 06:26:57 AM »
Quote from: amigasociety;818063
Well after Christmas.  AOTL is east coast and I am west coast.  My guess is it will arrive Friday 30th....  ;-)

I can drink and me merry for New Years and setup my X5K.

TJ

hope so TJ as that sounds like a darn cool way to bring in the New Year:hammer:

@ Iggy

give the dude some slack eh it's Christmas after all ;-)
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline Iggy

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 11:31:03 AM »
Quote from: iCreate;818057
Good luck.

What DO you know, apparently luck isn't a factor as he IS getting his system before Christmas.
But I don't blame you for doubting, Amiga vendors can be extremely slow to ship, often difficult to contact, and ocassionally. a transaction goes sour.
So far though, the vendor has not had those issues.

AND he's in the US!
So again, that is who I am supporting.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

Offline slygon

• Show only replies by slygon
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »
Yep,

I am waiting for mine too... I also contacted them yesterday and was told that they should ship today.  I am very excited!

I have been patient with Amiga on the Lake... it is a hobby business, the owner has another real business that is more important to his livelihood... and he has been very great to work with.  He also had a few delays on receiving the AmigaOS registration cards..

That doesn't mean I am not anxious to get my machine!  If it does indeed ship today, I will be out of town when it arrives... luckily I have someone watching my house, so I am not worried about the delivery, just that I won't get to use it until I get home... which will be January 1st!  Be something fun to use when I return!

Offline Iggy

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
Quote from: slygon;818076
Yep,

I am waiting for mine too... I also contacted them yesterday and was told that they should ship today.  I am very excited!

I have been patient with Amiga on the Lake... it is a hobby business, the owner has another real business that is more important to his livelihood... and he has been very great to work with.  He also had a few delays on receiving the AmigaOS registration cards..

That doesn't mean I am not anxious to get my machine!  If it does indeed ship today, I will be out of town when it arrives... luckily I have someone watching my house, so I am not worried about the delivery, just that I won't get to use it until I get home... which will be January 1st!  Be something fun to use when I return!

My first thought was "good luck", until I realized I'd given someone else a hard time for that lukewarm comment.
Instead, congratulation on your purchase of the most powerful AmigaOne system yet released.

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 03:17:52 PM »
Actually, no... after Christmas.... but hopefully New Year, around Dec 30th.  If all goes as planned.  :laugh1:

I plan on buying more from Aaron when the time comes.  Other things on his website that have caught my eye.  

I also like to buy locally, so as long as Amiga On The Lake sells what I am looking for, I plan on buying from AOTL too.  If they do not, then yes I will order from the various other international dealers.

I live in a small rural area and my main shopping is in a small town.  Normally costs are higher here, but I like to buy locally to support these stores, unless they gouge on prices.  Then I head down the hill to the big chain store.  But most my shopping is local as I don't mind paying a little extra to support local causes and stores.

TJ

Quote from: Iggy;818070
What DO you know, apparently luck isn't a factor as he IS getting his system before Christmas.
But I don't blame you for doubting, Amiga vendors can be extremely slow to ship, often difficult to contact, and ocassionally. a transaction goes sour.
So far though, the vendor has not had those issues.

AND he's in the US!
So again, that is who I am supporting.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 04:00:07 PM by amigasociety »
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000

Offline Iggy

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 06:02:53 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;818064
hope so TJ as that sounds like a darn cool way to bring in the New Year:hammer:

@ Iggy

give the dude some slack eh it's Christmas after all ;-)

Yeah, I may have misinterpreted his post.
But I am impressed AOTL, Aaron gets right back to you when you pm him.

Offline DStastny

• Show only replies by DStastny
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 09:59:06 PM »
I received mine from Amiga On The Lake late last week.  I am on East Coast.  Arron has been great to deal with and very responsive to communications.   I have had other minor transactions with him as well always good.   Good thing is lots of machines for him to ship and if waiting for any part can take a few more days than I am sure he would like especially this time of year.   Im still trying to understand how a 2 day Amazon Prime shipping works out to 4 days...

Doug

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »
Quote from: DStastny;818109
Im still trying to understand how a 2 day Amazon Prime shipping works out to 4 days...

I order about $10k in Amazon Prime stuff a year for work.  Most of it comes in 1 day, even on Sundays.  Of course it helps that my office is right down the street from a warehouse in one direction, and an Amazon datacenter in the other.  ;)

Enjoy your X5000, hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon!  :banana:
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos

Offline Iggy

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2016, 12:15:51 AM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;818111
I order about $10k in Amazon Prime stuff a year for work.  Most of it comes in 1 day, even on Sundays.  Of course it helps that my office is right down the street from a warehouse in one direction, and an Amazon datacenter in the other.  ;)

Enjoy your X5000, hope everyone who ordered one gets theirs soon!  :banana:

I live close to two Amazon distribution centers myself.
That company has a really cool relationship with the Postal Service.
And they picked the right shipper to team with, Fed Ex and UPS keep handing my shipments off to the USPS (and FedEX and UPS shipments take longer to get to me unless they are overnighted).
Frankly, I wish that companies I purchase from wouldn't use FedEx or UPS truck shipping options, because Priority Mail is faster (and often cheaper).
So much for the incredibly DUMB idea of privatizing our Postal delivery.

For that matter, since Delaware is close to New Jersey's Newegg.com warehouse, I get quick deliveries on most items ordered from them as well.

The only real excuse to use UPS is for heavy shipments (like desktop computers). There they DO offer a pricing advantage.

« Reply #59 from previous page: December 23, 2016, 01:15:34 AM »
Received tracking # just now.  Shows the 30th as I expected.  So, hoping UPS is nice... gentle... and gets it here next Friday so I can drink booze, eat like an oinky, and play Amiga OS 4.1FE on my X5K.  

Has been 5 years since I purchased my X1K (Dec 2011) and since selling it 1.5 years ago, been missing out on enjoying Amiga.  Even though I was not an Amigan prior to 2010, for whatever reason, getting one again (like the X5K) is exciting.  Not quite 1980/90s computer exciting but exciting never the less.

Back in the 80s/90s it all seemed to fresh.  Now a-days, computing is not as exciting, but the Amiga platform has come close to bringing some of that excitement back for me.

:)

TJ
AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor)
AmigaOne X5000