Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: About 'Piru'  (Read 10347 times)

Description:

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: About 'Piru'
« Reply #89 from previous page: September 28, 2013, 04:29:32 AM »
Quote from: Fats;748979
Don't you see the difference between Piru and for example Fab or Itix ?
AFAIK all MorphOS team members.

Not really.

Piru and Fab (especially Fab) have helped me solve problems.
I haven't had to exchange anything with Itix, but if you really want to know, Frank Mariak has been the most helpful (along with, indirectly, his team mate Mark Olsen).

Actually, most of the people in the MorphOS community will offer useful advice  or help.
We just seem to have garnered an undesired reputation related to our unwillingness to be abused.

Remember, we all think we are using the OS that the entire community should have transitioned to.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;749026
Not really.

Piru and Fab (especially Fab) have helped me solve problems.
I haven't had to exchange anything with Itix, but if you really want to know, Frank Mariak has been the most helpful (along with, indirectly, his team mate Mark Olsen).

Actually, most of the people in the MorphOS community will offer useful advice  or help.
We just seem to have garnered an undesired reputation related to our unwillingness to be abused.

Remember, we all think we are using the OS that the entire community should have transitioned to.

Actually it is my observation that MOS users gatecrash AOS4.x discussions a lot more that AOS4.x users invade MOS discussions. AOS4.x users seem to be better behaved.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;749028
Actually it is my observation that MOS users gatecrash AOS4.x discussions a lot more that AOS4.x users invade MOS discussions. AOS4.x users seem to be better behaved.

I really haven't seen much decent interaction between either of these groups.

Then you've got a few people interested in both products (AmigaDave, myself, more than a few others) that still have the opinion that one is better than the other.
We can hardly be blamed for voicing that.

I myself would love to have more experience with OS4, but at the current price levels that the hardware goes for I'll stick to demos of friend's machines.

And as to OS4 users 'invading' MorphOS threads, they're welcome at any time. We (unlike others) don't suffer via fair comparisons.

In fact, I think the only people we look over our shoulders for are the AROS developers.
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:26 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;749028

So, you are MorphOS user and dont have OS 4.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2013, 09:38:41 AM »
Yep. I'd love to try AOS4.x but it's out of my price range.

While i have the attention of a MOS developer any chance of seeing MOS on Rasberry or any other ARM based device any time soon?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2013, 02:57:48 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;749039
Yep. I'd love to try AOS4.x but it's out of my price range.

That makes you blue troll and Hyperion hater. ;-)

While i have the attention of a MOS developer any chance of seeing MOS on Rasberry or any other ARM based device any time soon?

[/quote]

Nope. There is too much custom hardware in ARM based devices with a short life span. It is too elastic. Maybe in the future. Who knows.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook