Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: amiga benchmarks ?  (Read 858 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
amiga benchmarks ?
« on: December 07, 2010, 12:04:05 PM »
Firstly, can anyone point me to some benchmarks of different software on different amiga based systems please ? I've recently reinstalled amithlon on a modernish pc and am curious where it stands in comparison to other systems in terms of raw speed.

Also, would anyone else be interested to see any results I come up with and/or maybe add thier own ?  I understand some people find this sort of thing a bit pointless, and other might even see it as some sort of contest so I thought Id ask first. Personally Im happy with my system and how it runs what it is I want to run, but I am curious nonetheless.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
Re: amiga benchmarks ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 12:19:13 PM »
SysSpeed (on aminet) does that.
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline fishy_fizTopic starter

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 01:00:10 PM »
Sure, but it doesnt show comparisons of "NG" systems and software. Things like Dnet (not really representative of a lot, but Id like to see results anyway, mostly to see how much altivec influences things), quake 1 and 2 (preferably software rendered 'cos I have no 3d hardware), performance of UAE, duke3d, doom, compilation times, and so one. Things that a typical "ng" or "power" user might do on thier systems. Im also curious about raw cpu speed on amithlon vs winuae 68k and os4/mos native ppc code.

As I said though, it's sheer curiousity, and in no way a "my X is bigger/better than you X". If my interest was soley based around having the biggest numbers Id be mentioning AROS, not amithlon :) (I dual boot aros/amithlon on the same box, but of late Ive been more into the amithlon/os3.9 side).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:54:35 PM »
I do not know about such a benchmark but, concerning Quake and Doom, you can make your own benchmark with the TIMEDEMO demo1 in quake console (i have 10-15 FPS with 060/50MHz + AGA) and Doom with the FPS option (almost any 030 to 060 miggy get good results with DoomAttack with a CPU optimized version and realistic resolution).

Of course, there is no doubt you have the bigger :D
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline Damion

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;597542
Firstly, can anyone point me to some benchmarks of different software on different amiga based systems please ?

http://www.amigaspeed.de.vu/