Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has CommodoreUSA shipped anything?  (Read 8704 times)

Description:

Offline Colin_CamperTopic starter

• Show only replies by Colin_Camper
Has CommodoreUSA shipped anything?
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
Has CommodoreUSA shipped anything to anyone?

They have product in their store available to order.

I suspect noone has bought anything at all or received anything at all.

Which means......... I suspect

That this is just Scamiga Inc up to it's old tricks, trying to sell itself for an inflated amount.

Remember the last time Amiga Inc 'woke up'?
It updated it's website. It entered into a partnership with ACK.
It fooled a whole town with a multimillion $ sponsorship scam,
All the while it was trying to sell itself.

Now, the great CommodoreUSA comes along with it's $30million marketing budget, a deal with Amiga Inc. Then Amiga Inc invests $70 on a hosting package and ressurects the old website to pretend that it is a real company.
Then, suprise, suprise we hear that Amiga Inc is up for sale.

So, out of curiosity - has ANYONE received ANYTHING from CommodoreUSA or are they just another of BillyBoys elaborate scams?
Colin Camper CCNP MCSE P45 UB40
A4000D

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: Has CommodoreUSA shipped anything?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 12:04:29 PM »
Quote from: Colin_Camper;589253
Now, the great CommodoreUSA comes along with it's $30million marketing budget, a deal with Amiga Inc. Then Amiga Inc invests $70 on a hosting package and ressurects the old website to pretend that it is a real company.

Where would commodoreUSA find $30 million to market something? I was under the impression they went bankrupt.     :confused:

Out of curiosity how much does everyone think amigainc is worth? $1 million? $10 million? $50000?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »
i dont pay any notice to this so called commodore usa anymore, sounded nice when it first did break the news. but it just dawned on me fast that this was just another kent arena. http://www.commodoreusa.net is a patchwork of photos of computer cases copied from other sites, 3d renderings taken from other amiga users, copy and paste texts from apple.com and other sites. these guys have $30million budget and the web page looks like its done by a 12 year old and a shoe string budget. when bill mcewan did announced the multimillion dollar kent arena sponsoring, the timing was about when they were trying to sell amiga, so the kent arena case is in my opinion a try to raise the valuation. after november the first announcement, amiga are selling everything via http://www.pluritas.com. i would draw the same conclusion, its the same old story. make a big announcement, then try to sell.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 12:09:06 PM by A1260 »

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:44 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;589266
Where would commodoreUSA find $30 million to market something?

That is easy.  They can just use the same $30 million that Bill McEwen saved by canceling the Kent Arena deal. :roflmao:
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline coldfish

• Show only replies by coldfish
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;589266

Out of curiosity how much does everyone think amigainc is worth? $1 million? $10 million? $50000?

Well turd in a can ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist%27s_shit ) sold for EUR124,000.

So anythings possible.

Offline haywirepc

• Show only replies by haywirepc
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:11 PM »
I think it would be funny if we all stopped speculating so much....

I say we start a bounty, then hire a private investigator to tail silly billy,
find all his dirt, credit,  background, talk to his neighbors,take pictures of
his car and his house and post all that information here.

I'm not saying do anything crazy or illegal, I would certainly not suggest that,but it would be awesome to find out he's got bad credit, went bankrupt, is driving a 500$ POS 1980's car and is living with his parents.
I'd say the likelyhood of one or more of those things being true is very
high myself.

Commodore USA investing 30 million dollars is about as believable as Silly Billy actually making a real product to sell. I agree with the previous poster, their website is stolen from apple, and they don't make anything but commodore stickers to slap on the already existing products they are selling at a 30% markup from the real producers.

Simply renaming a cybernet zpc and slapping a commodore or amiga sticker on it does not qualify as "making a product"

Steven

Offline Crom00

• Show only replies by Crom00
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 12:55:48 PM »
So are the selling access to whatever IP is related to the Amiga? Is WB roms and OS included in this sale?

IF it is then this could be valued for a TV game type product as the purchaser would then own the roms. Question is how much they want. If its a few tens of thousands of dollars then it is in line with what one would pay for access to a major movie license (sometimes this goes into the millions or even hundreds of millions).

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 01:24:34 PM »
We one could create a theory that Commodore USA is basically an appliance to increase the value of Amiga Inc before it's sold...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.

Offline Amiga_Nut

• Show only replies by Amiga_Nut
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
It's worth $70 including the hosting pre-paid up front. Last time Commodore was up for sale it was about the same value as an EU 4 bedroom detached residence wasn't it? That was after C64 DTV and Commodore Gaming (may have been just before, not sure).

I wonder what the valuation would be via one of those websites that value domain names....that would be interesting.

Offline spirantho

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:51 PM »
Why do we care what/when they're shipping? They're just shifting other people's Windows/Linux PC's. They blew their chance at the only Amiga-like OS that'll run on their machine (AROS), so at best it'll bog standard machine with a copy of UAE.

There are so many interesting things going on in the Amiga market - concentrate on them, not on a PC which someone has cynically slapped a "Commodore Amiga" badge on.
--
Ian Gledhill
ian.gledhill@btinternit.com (except it should be internEt of course...!)
Check out my shop! http://www.mutant-caterpillar.co.uk/shop/ - for 8-bit (and soon 16-bit) goodness!

Offline Colin_CamperTopic starter

• Show only replies by Colin_Camper
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:54 PM »
Quote from: spirantho;589289
Why do we care what/when they're shipping? They blew their chance at the only Amiga-like OS that'll run on their machine (AROS)

Well, they may have p1ssed off some AROS people but nothing could stop them using AROS in whatever capacity they choose. Also AROS would benefit from people like some of their offerings and would like to have a Commodore Amiga for nostalgia sake.

However, you missed the central point to my question - is it all just another elaborate Scamiga Scam. Are CommodoreUSA just being used by Scamiga or are they a part of this conspiracy to defraud potential purchasers of whatever assets Amiga Inc have left. (I can't think of many!).
Colin Camper CCNP MCSE P45 UB40
A4000D

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show only replies by WolfToTheMoon
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 03:07:12 PM »
One could say that, based on some of their prior behaviour, Amiga Inc could be hiding behind C=USA and trying to increase the value of the brand...

But then, riddle me this...

Why would CommodoreUSA then enter into a trademark license agreement with ASIARIM(which includes an undisclosed amount of money being paid), an alltogether completely separate entity, to make a (only)commodore branded product? It doesn't compute...

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
Only time will tell, but Id be more inclined to believe that something went wrong (or jut changed) with the C-USA deal, and on the back of that A. Inc. decided to sell the patents elsewhere. Really though Im beyond caring. A.Inc has done nothing since it bought Amiga besides outsourcing OS4.x, and C-USA have already proved thier lack of business sense, have lied, got into arguements over paying a small sum for drivers that they wanted, insulted people that actually are trying to push AROS forward (the clusteruk + phoenixsconsole attack by thier "CEO" was baffling) in addition to the more focused on incompetencies (things that I was willing to let slide personally, but others seem to have taken to heart). All this without actually even having released a product.
We, the community are the ones who have shaped the current state of "amiga", and despite somewhat slow progress, we're getting there. A.Inc. and now C-USA have been nothing but a thorn in our side.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show only replies by takemehomegrandma
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 03:57:16 PM »
Quote from: Colin_Camper;589253
Has CommodoreUSA shipped anything to anyone?

They have product in their store available to order.

I suspect noone has bought anything at all or received anything at all.

Which means......... I suspect

That this is just Scamiga Inc up to it's old tricks, trying to sell itself for an inflated amount.

Remember the last time Amiga Inc 'woke up'?
It updated it's website. It entered into a partnership with ACK.
It fooled a whole town with a multimillion $ sponsorship scam,
All the while it was trying to sell itself.

Then, suprise, suprise we hear that Amiga Inc is up for sale.

So, out of curiosity - has ANYONE received ANYTHING from CommodoreUSA or are they just another of BillyBoys elaborate scams?

They have some nice aumro/karmadigital HTPC cases on their site though, and it will be interesting to see what they fills them with!

:)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline tarnold

• Show only replies by tarnold
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 04:18:05 PM »
Quote from: Colin_Camper;589314
Are CommodoreUSA just being used by Scamiga or are they a part of this conspiracy to defraud potential purchasers of whatever assets Amiga Inc have left. (I can't think of many!).

Besides increasing the perceived value of the assets, there is one additional thing that the "Scamiga" people might have in mind: as their trademarks are being cancelled one after the other, they desperately need to show that they are using them. But, as this thread accurately says in the title, Commodore USA is pure vaporware so far, and that doesn't count much, does it?

To recap:

- Amiga Delaware has no patents (because they expired, and never even left Gateway)
- Amiga Delaware has no copyrights (because what the German notary public used to transfer the copyrights was a trademark/patent contract, not a copyright contract)
- If challenged, Amiga Delaware has no trademarks (because it failed to use them and to defend them)
- Amiga Washington and Amiga Delaware have lots of creditors, overdue taxes and court judgements, I would say for at least half a million dollars (from public sources), maybe more
- Amiga Delaware has (unless challenged by some of the Amiga Washington creditors/partners/employees, because it changed from the Washington company to the Delaware company defrauding the creditors of the Washington company) an interesting Spanish (and Portuguese) domain name: amiga.com

But is the amiga.com domain name worth more than the debts?

Am I missing something?