Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why can't a windows machine do it.  (Read 4887 times)

Description:

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: Why can't a windows machine do it.
« Reply #89 from previous page: October 03, 2007, 07:07:44 AM »

No one is arguing that Amiga Speed is better than PC........... its not about that.

its about this. If Amigas were made up to date in the Speed department............it would crush it in all that it already crushes it in plus speed.

The Amiga is about functionality. It is just such a logical and "Proper" computer. PC's will always be a wack job.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I boot up UAE and watch two programs murder each other and take the OS down with them when they stomp all over each other's respective memory addresses.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Back away from the EU-SSR!

Offline B00tDisk

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by B00tDisk
    • http://www.thedelversdungeon.com
Re: Why can't a windows machine do it.
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2007, 07:13:10 AM »

Minuous wrote:
I deleted it and installed Win98SE,

Oops.  Have fun never upgrading your system's hardware to anything new.

much better

Wrong.

faster than XP

In the same way that switching a C64 on is faster - guess what functionality isn't there?

and more stable

Wrong.  Win98 relies on the same legacy tech that Win95 did: an underlying DOS structure (a 16 bit dos structure) with 32 bit extensions.  The woes this can cause are well documented.  

and compatible.

Uh-huh.  What was the last DX for Win9x?  8?  7?  Are there even drivers for half the new devices out there for 9x?  No?  And surely you can't be talking about backwards compatibility with DOS for old games - bootdisks and memory managers, anyone?

Clearly you're happy with Win98, but don't build it up to be something it isn't: a substitute for WinNT based OS's.
Back away from the EU-SSR!