Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello everyone - nice to be here!  (Read 5210 times)

Description:

Offline abqtsxrTopic starter

• Show only replies by abqtsxr
Hello everyone - nice to be here!
« on: July 24, 2021, 04:15:05 PM »
Hi everyone - I'm a newb located in Albuquerque, New Mexico (USA).  I originally had an Amiga 1000 which I traded for a 2000.  I just pulled the 2000 out of storage after 25 years!  It took some work (new battery, new ATX PSU, service floppy drives) but it's alive again!  Since then, I've added a Terrible Fire accelerator, IDE/CF drive, Gotek, 4X ROM switcher (1.3, 2.0, 3.X, DiagROM), and ECS Agnes and Denise.  I'm still using the original 1080 monitor and 1010 external floppy drive.  This thing is fun!  I haven't re-capped it yet but that's coming soon.  I've included a picture.  I hope to be able to find a Commodore user group somewhere nearby.  I also have a C64 and VIC20 - fully operational.  Thanks for checking this post out!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 11:16:33 PM by abqtsxr »

Offline Matt_H

Re: Hello everyone - nice to be here!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 04:56:22 PM »
Welcome! Congrats on restoring the system—looks like a good setup. One note, the 2000 doesn’t usually need to be recapped. It’s the surface-mount caps in the 600, 1200, 4000, and CD32 that are typically the problematic ones. So it’s possible you may be done with your restoration work. :)

The following users thanked this post: abqtsxr

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 06:05:52 PM »
Welcome aboard !
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: abqtsxr

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 09:10:05 PM »
Thanks!  I purchased some of my hardware from you - excellent service!  Hope to do more business with you in the future....

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 09:14:03 PM »
Thanks very much for the information!  I've examined every cap on the MB and the all look fine.  My only issues so far involved a toasted PSU and minor battery leakage.  I'll use the system and periodically check the caps for issues.  Thanks again!