Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: flickerless lcd :NEC AccuSync LCD 51v = NEC AccuSync LCD 51vm ???  (Read 3575 times)

Description:

Offline boingerTopic starter

• Show only replies by boinger
ok. i've been looking over the thread about the supposedly flickerless vga monitors NEC AccuSync LCD 51vm & NEC AccuSync LCD 51v and need some clarification.

what details on the monitors spec's will tell me it will synch with the amiga's video output? i believe it's probably the horizontal synching that i think should have to go down to 15 khz rather than what seems to be the norm of vga monitors of 31 khz.

i've looked at ebay and they only seem to have the NEC AccuSync LCD 51vm but the thread seemed to imply this worked the same as the non-m unit. could someone please provide some clarification as i would like to buy one of these soon.

thanx.

Offline CSixx

• Show only replies by CSixx
Re: flickerless lcd :NEC AccuSync LCD 51v = NEC AccuSync LCD 51vm ???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
I have the lcd51v model, I tried it out because there was a thread about the 51vm model posted by another user, stating he used it without a sd/ff.

It seems they both handle the native amiga 15khz.

But i can only verify the 51v myself.
Also, there is nothing listed in the manufacturers spec, at least that I saw, that stated it could handle the 15khz. But it does...

Another point: I did not try the monitor with interlaced workbench modes, so it may flicker.

Offline systmcrsh

• Show only replies by systmcrsh
    • http://www.dirtybomb.tk
Re: flickerless lcd :NEC AccuSync LCD 51v = NEC AccuSync LCD 51vm ???
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:55:05 PM »
it was my original post.

i think the only diff between the v and the vm models is the v is white and the vm is black.

i have the vm. it works flawlessly in ntsc non-laced modes. laced modes cause flickering.

i dont have it in front of me atm, so i cant tell you which screen modes work and which do not.

pal screen modes also work, but some of the screen gets cut off -- depending on your application (or game) it may not be useful.

i decided not to get the scand/ff, and instead just use ntsc compatible applications.