Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has anyone discovered anything in Maniac Manzion and Zak McKracken they want to share  (Read 5423 times)

Description:

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show all replies
Nintendo's policies have been all over the place when you look back through their history. But thats just nintendo for you and I suppose, depending how you look at it, they did help shape some of the current policies in gaming.

As for Maniac Mansion.

I never finished it. The only Lucas game that I couldn't do.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
Stuff to do with what can be shown in a game and what can't. I have a book somewhere with a history of Nintendo and about the early days but it was only the sort of early ish days of it all upto the mid 90's. it was also well known that Nintendo would lock developers into some pretty ridgid clauses in order to get an approved by nintendo sticker.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
I don't have it any more. I had been strugelling with it a while and in the end I decided to trade it in and get some cash for pimping out my 1200. Kind of miss it but I was strugelling with ECS for the things I wanted to do.

Nintendo where real hard arses back in the day. I have an article in which Rare were talking about how they where handed a development system and then told to code for it without any technical manuals.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
Yeah. Some of the games I want to play perform better with AGA plus I want to play some of the Doom clones.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
Yeah thats what I am looking at.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
ScummVM can run the sound modes for all the major computer platforms. On an intersting side note the version of Maniac Mansion that comes with day of tenticle can't be played from within Day of the Tenticle on scummvm. you have to load it as a sperate game in order to play it. ScummVM simply says you can't play it from inside Day of the Tenticle.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 03:09:59 AM by CritAnime »

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
I thought scummvm was just an emulator for the scumm interpreter. I have never known scummvm to run NES games. If you have a NES Rom then surely the best way to run it would be through a NES emulator. And I know prototype roms can be played with any if them.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
Ah fair enough. I thought the NES version was just a complete rework I didn't know that the scumm stuff was in there.

Offline CritAnime

• Show all replies
Never noticed the Famicom version. It's got a completely different look to it.