Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: (Hoax) Folding A-EON Technology  (Read 5935 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Folding A-EON Technology
« on: January 10, 2012, 11:41:14 PM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;675228
With great pain I must inform you that I've decided to fold A-EON Technology.

The financial and personal burden has grown too heavy for me to handle, and with the A-EON partners backing off I'm left with no choice but to fold the company.

The current run of AmigaOne X1000 boards will be the only one made. The beta testers can keep their boards if they so choose, and the remaining boards will be set up for auction at a later date.

I'm sorry for this disappointing and unfortunate turn of events but there really isn't anything I can do.

Thanks for everyone involved in the X1000 project. It was fun while it lasted.

Best regards,

Trevor Dickinson

Well, I must say you were "bold" to say the least (don't know if that's really a word I'd really use in the context) to take on a very high-risk project like this with an outright impossible business case in the first place.

Most entrepreneurs usually starts off by trying to identify some customer needs, and then come up with realistic product specifications that could satisfy those needs at a cost people would be prepared to pay. You on the other hand kind of began from the other end by starting out with technology you thought were cool, never mind realism and cost/price, and then try to find a market need for it.

Well, at least you tried to follow your vision, nobody can take that away from you. Good luck in the future, and hopefully this doesn't scare you off from trying something new down the road. If you do, please consider starting from the "right" end by identifying market needs, and then go from there... ;)

Good luck! :)
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Folding A-EON Technology
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:14 PM »
Oh, and BTW...

Quote from: TrevorDick;675228
The current run of AmigaOne X1000 boards will be the only one made. The beta testers can keep their boards if they so choose, and the remaining boards will be set up for auction at a later date.

...to what degree do the boards actually work? I mean, they are *betas* as far as I understands. How close to the finish-line was the Hardware? The firmware? OS drivers? From various reports we got the impression that there would still be some work ahead to get things up on a decent level, how much was it?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)