Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Amiga Kit Amiga Store Hollywood MAL AMIStore App Store A600 Memory

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / OS 3.9 Cannot open "resource.library"
« Last post by Michele31415 on September 23, 2021, 08:40:41 PM »
There is another thread here https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic=5463.0 that descibes my problem exactly.  I got OS 2.9 running and then did an install of AmiFTP.  It worked fine - until I rebooted.  Now I get messages like:

Cannot open "resource.library", version 44
when I try to run AmiDock (although I do have that file in LIBS:) and
Can't open version 40 of gadgets/fuelgauge.gadget
when I try to run AmiFTP.(and I have that file too).

Unfortunately, even after reading that thread I still don't understand how to fix this.  One suggestion was toi replace C:SetPatch from the 3.9 CD, but my CD has no SetPatch in its C directory.  I did replace it from my USB backup but I think that was the same file (it was the same size anyway, 31.8K) and that didn't fix the problem anyway.  Another post suggests that some classes are missing somewhere but I can't tell which ones.

And a number of other programs won't start now either.  Could someone please help me out of this mess?  I'm totally stumped here.

FWIW, I'm using KS 40.63, WB 45.1 and SetPatch 44.13
FWIW2: If I boot from the Emergency 3.9 Rescue Disk, AmiDock works OK but my primary boot disk FS3: does not appear on the WB screen.
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: My A600
« Last post by trekiej on September 23, 2021, 08:07:52 PM »
So, how do I remove Glow Icons?
:D
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga File System
« Last post by trekiej on September 23, 2021, 08:05:48 PM »
What does OS 3.2 use natively?
I had three partitions and used System: for the installation.

It had OS 3.1 on it and OS 2.1 before that.
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: How to backup a SCSI2SD card?
« Last post by Michele31415 on September 23, 2021, 07:55:23 PM »

You can use Win32DiskImager to make backup copies of memory cards.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

To restore such an image you need a card which is at least the same size as the image. You cannot shrink the size onto a smaller card.
Ah!  Thanks very mcuh.  That looks like exactly what I needed.  It's copying the card now (at least it says it is).  It's pretty slow on my old XP machine but I don't  need to do this often.
Amiga Software Issues and Discussion / Re: Real3d v2 under WinUAE
« Last post by AndyFC on September 23, 2021, 06:36:56 PM »
Hi there. Can you post some more info please?

What is your emulated config?
Did it work under a previous version of WINUAE and stop after the upgrade?
Any error messages?

Can you install SnoopDOS and see if it shows any warnings?
Amiga Events / Robin Hood Amiga Group Meeting
« Last post by theformula on September 23, 2021, 01:58:45 PM »
Robin Hood Amiga Group is focused in the Parts of the UK Robin Hood used to roam. This time we are heading to a venue in Derbyshire, South Normanton. For the first RHAG (North) meet-up.
The date is the 2nd October 2021 (it’s a Saturday) with a start time of 1030am.

Tickets are now available, We are building the space, but this is hopefully going to be a nice, fun social get together. Around our space are pubs, shops and food outlets.
There is parking across the road in the coop car park and we are just 5 mins away from J28 M1

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rhag-north-meet-up-tickets-170521460278
« Last post by Thomas on September 23, 2021, 12:28:26 PM »
The latest version allows for shrinking if card is smaller.

It's impossible to shrink the partition size without knowing the file system structure. All a program like DiskImager can do is to stop writing at the end of the card. You will lose the data which has not been written to the disk. In most cases you will lose all data because file systems refuse to mount if the end of the partition cannot be accessed.

Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: WANTED: Piccolo SD64 Manual
« Last post by scuzzb494 on September 23, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
Sadly the manuals have a rigid spine cus of some very thick tape making them impossible to scan without taking apart, and I can't do that. Mine are in deep store here and so would be tricky to recover anyway just now. I am sure I have seen the manuals online somewhere, in the past. Worth digging around. Sorry about that. Here are images of what is in the box so you will know what to look out for.

https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scuzzblog_january20/scuzzblogdjanuary20_0901.htm

There are quite a few books in the box. Not sure I show them all.
Amiga Hardware Issues and discussion / Re: Amiga File System
« Last post by AndyFC on September 23, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »
I use PFS and get about 3.2 megabytes/sec on an HD connected to the standard IDE port.

I can back up my HD to an SD card in about 50 mins when the same capacity under FFS would be left to run overnight.
« Last post by F0LLETT on September 23, 2021, 10:00:11 AM »

You can use Win32DiskImager to make backup copies of memory cards.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

To restore such an image you need a card which is at least the same size as the image. You cannot shrink the size onto a smaller card.

Exactly how I do it. However you are incorrect on shrinking. The latest version allows for shrinking if card is smaller.
The RDB may not like it, as it will think it has more space than it has.

Spose shrinking is best used in linux situations, as you can get away with it.

OP, could also, just use WinUAE imaging in HDD selection screen. I have used this before and then win32imager to transfer to card.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10