Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I have disbelief in Eyetech, Hyperion and Amiga Inc...  (Read 3543 times)

Description:

Offline Helgis75Topic starter

• Show only replies by Helgis75
I have disbelief in Eyetech, Hyperion and Amiga Inc...
« on: March 21, 2003, 03:38:45 PM »
You didn't think this would happen to me, but it has..

All the long wait in 8 years and 3 months has made me very fustrated, and now i have come to a point where i feel i don't know what to believe anymore.

I just hope that they can bring out the new system by early April. If not in April, then i feel i have no choice but to go for a PC-motherboard and running the boring, poor Windows XP. I told you, Amiga. I told you to hurry up, but you always make promises. I'm sick and tired of delays after delays...It ain't funny anymore!  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(
Helgis - AMIGA DEFINITELY makes it all possible!!!

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: I have disbelief in Eyetech, Hyperion and Amiga Inc...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 03:50:05 PM »
Helgis what has happened to you? one minute your a Amiga hardcore defender and apologist but now your talking as a normal user.

Anyway well said.

Offline Agafaster

• Show only replies by Agafaster
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 03:55:26 PM »
dont take it all to heart man !

I have just had a nice chat with Eyetech, they await boards, will test them, and send them out. not sure of timescales, so I wont hazard a guess, but soon !

you're usually so upbeat !

talk to Eyetech, Hyperion themselves for what to believe in, not what some dope (me included) says on some web page. (better yet, get a copy of Total Amiga !)

some of us dont believe in anything - other than Death and Taxes (and trigger happy US presidents ;-) )
\\"New Bruce here will be teaching Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud.\\"
\\"Those are all cricketers, Bruce !\\"
A1XE G3/800MHz Radeon 7000 512MB
A1200 030/25MHz 8MB

Offline Vincent

• Show only replies by Vincent
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2003, 03:55:37 PM »
Keep the door open just incase you want to come back. :-D
Xbox360
"Oh no. Everytime you turn up something monumental and terrible happens.
I don\'t think I have the stomach for it." - Raziel

Offline Helgis75Topic starter

• Show only replies by Helgis75
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2003, 03:57:02 PM »
Don't misunderstand me. I haven't lost the faith. I may have become more careful...

Well, we'll just wait and see...I guess i have no choice anymore..
Helgis - AMIGA DEFINITELY makes it all possible!!!

Offline jd997uk

• Show only replies by jd997uk
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2003, 04:01:56 PM »
This may be the reason Helgis has flipped his lid. Still, with the days now getting longer, the extra light should help to cure him.  :-D

-john
Don\\\'t panic - bite the towel.

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2003, 04:02:03 PM »

Helgis75 wrote:
Don't misunderstand me. I haven't lost the faith. I may have become more careful...

Well, we'll just wait and see...I guess i have no choice anymore..

Egad man don't you have a PC at all? Get a PC now and don't worry about it. Amiga Inc, Hyperion, Eyetech, none of them use Amigas for their daily activities or at home. It's a hobby computer only, at least for the forseeable future:-/
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline JurassicCamper

• Show only replies by JurassicCamper
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 04:21:12 PM »

Helgis75 wrote:
You didn't think this would happen to me, but it has..

All the long wait in 8 years and 3 months has made me very fustrated, and now i have come to a point where i feel i don't know what to believe anymore.

I just hope that they can bring out the new system by early April. If not in April, then i feel i have no choice but to go for a PC-motherboard and running the boring, poor Windows XP. I told you, Amiga. I told you to hurry up, but you always make promises. I'm sick and tired of delays after delays...It ain't funny anymore!  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(  :-(

Know  the feeling.

I tried remaining optimistic. These companies know how passionate we feel about Amiga, but they do insist on pulling the carrot away at the last second.

F**K the carrot go buy your Banana Box if it makes you happy.  Dont get me wrong i'm still passionate about Amiga, but have been mislead once to often.

Never thought i'd agree with Paul on things but sometime he got a point even if he puts it accross rudely :-)

I gave up about a month ago... Summer is coming
and computing is a Winter hobby.

VW's, Beaches, BBQ's, BMX's & Festivals for the summer.

Ever time I mention my new Amiga order or the latest delivery schedule from Alans postings to my girlfriend.. she just comes back with... "look there goes that flying pig again!"

Shes got a point though.

I have set myself a date for Eyetech to take the money and get it in the post to me. Thats next Friday the 28/03/03.  Approx 5 Months from Alans "So What are you waiting for....." speech.

Well Mate I'm waiting for you to send me the bloody thing.

Cos' Saturday morning i'll be going down the travel agents.

Amiga.org soon to be the home for non beleivers.
A1200T PPC 330Mhz in a Custom Modified Fractal Design R3 Case

Offline danamania

• Show only replies by danamania
    • http://www.danaquarium.com/
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 04:45:53 PM »
none of them use Amigas for their daily activities or at home. It's a hobby computer only, at least for the forseeable future:-/  

That's my thoughts too - and has been for quite a few years. Perhaps my tolerance for a lack of real NewCoolStuff from ran out a lot before anyone elses. Use what works for you however - if you're really desperate to get something soon to use as a general all-round computer, go for the win box, or a linux box, or a mac.

Keep the amiga side going too, it'll come in time... or we can sit back and enjoy the dramas like the continuous daytime television it's been for years now!. Amiga - the Bold & The Beautiful of computing  :-D.

Taking it seriously could send you quite quite mad.

Offline Valan

• Show only replies by Valan
    • http://www.creativepixels.com.hk
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2003, 04:48:10 PM »
Hi Helgis75,
Along with others I(sadly) got to your position long ago.

Today I went to a potential client. He asked if I use a Mac since all designers use Macs. "No" I replied "I use a PC. It's just the same"
We went on to talk about that there is no real difference between the major design software on a Mac or a PC.

Then I said that I started with an Amiga which was better than a PC or Mac. And of course he had no idea what an Amiga is.

So, I guess like many I have continued to work but on a lesser machine. Everytime I come to Amiga.org I hope for a telling interview, new screengrabs or maybe a solid release date of OS4.

Of course it is not ready yet so I keep working on my PC waiting for the A1+OS4 to ship.

If you forget about the OS(Windows) there really is some outstanding software out there... that works!.

Valan

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2003, 05:13:21 PM »
I have had a pc for years, doesn't stop me loving my miggy.  

My pee cee is #### hot as well, but i still love amigaOS.

Get  a pee cee and then wait and see what happens
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2003, 05:20:27 PM »
Hey Valan, its been a long time since I've seen any posts from you! How are things going in Hong Kong lately?

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2003, 05:38:16 PM »
My current system is a celery 400mhz PC, which only works 90% of the time, and the power supply is dying.

I'm saving up to get a Pegasos, which ironically is an *improvement* over my PC (although the PegasosII should be an even bigger improvement).

I have an A1200T kicking around (needs some parts) and I might get another PC.

Offline Valan

• Show only replies by Valan
    • http://www.creativepixels.com.hk
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2003, 05:50:36 PM »
Hi Darth_X,
Things are fine with me but people here are a bit edgey about the 'A'-typical Pneumonia virus going around. People with surgical masks, moving away from anyone who even clears their throat.

I have some relatives from Toronto, canada staying with me now. Sad thing is that they insist on watching the Chinese speaking channels when I cannot understand a word of it. Bush and saddam speaking Chinese is very wierd! The soap operas are very funny though.

How's everything in Vancouver?

Take care
Valan

Offline Atheist

• Show only replies by Atheist
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2003, 06:02:23 PM »
My absolute, worst moments were November 2000, and November 2001.

No computer to be seen, AND not particularly an Amiga, either. (elate/intent/Taos/Qnx, I didn't know what it all even meant, no need to explain, it's kind of gone now.)

I was especially crushed, because I started bragging to people that it was FINALLY, going to appear out of the darkness.

Now I'm using a w98se, 2.26 GHz 533MHz FSB, with 1 Gig Ram and a Ti4600 card, and guess what, I'm ready to throw it into the Pacific Ocean. I cannot stand it! It takes 92 seconds to boot up, and it's using a RAID card with two 7200 RPM HD in striped mode!!!!

Why's it take so long to boot up, I really don't know/don't care, it's all ms CRAP!!! ain't it?

You know what gets me, after about 5 or 6 days on 24/7, the computer SLOWS TO A CRAWL. Really. It responds slower than my A2000.

You may wonder how it goes so long without a re-boot, well, I only use IE, Outlook express and Notepad, that's how. Oh, and I'm running RC5 in the background, hence the 24/7. IE sometimes crashes it. Notpad is pathetic for a 53,248 byte program. Memacs does WAY more, and is just about the same size.

AmigaOne! Awaiting A1 with the HIGHEST of expectations!
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.