Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Just what the HELL is Bill doing ?  (Read 3516 times)

Description:

Offline Kay

• Show all replies
    • http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kayare
Re: Just what the HELL is Bill doing ?
« on: March 17, 2003, 05:33:48 PM »
> Hmm, I have a feeling that they (AInc) are more into "backstabbing" the old longtime community
> sites rather than supporting them ...

And I have a feeling you can't back that up at all. For the record, AInc DID support Amiga.org for quite a while.

I must say I don't get some people's animosity towards McEwen. I guess hardworking people trying to keep their company alive just aren't fashionable this year. Perhaps if he started making public statements about the Pegasos not working as promised, that Ralph Schmidt didn't graduate from high-school, and that people supporting Genesi are morons, you would like him. Or maybe if he spoke very patronizingly to the general manager of Epic before challenging him to a duel testing PocketPC hardware versus a Palm. Or something like that.

Kay

Offline Kay

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 06:27:27 PM »
@rlfrost:

I wasn't having a go at you, or your statement.

@everyone:
I'm just a bit annoyed by the general tendency some people around here have towards cutting different people very different amounts of slack. If McEwen has to take heat for statements like: "I recently took my son to a children's concert and was quietly playing some of the games from the pack on my Pocket PC Phone Edition.", I wonder how people would react if he said something like "MorphOS will run on the AmigaOne, license or no license. One of you smart gals or guys will take care of that".

Don't worry guys, I'll run right over to AmigaWorld with the other blind wankers now.

Kay

Offline Kay

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 08:27:10 PM »
> I just think it's a bit hipocritical to jump on BBRV as satan and then to defend this tooth and
> nail.

If this was aimed at me:
If I'm hypocritical, it's completely unintentional. I try to treat people as fairly as possible. The reason I am a lot harsher against Buck than I am against McEwen, is simply that I consider the former's behaviour to be much, much worse than that of the latter. Yet McEwen seems to get away with far less. That was basically the point I was trying to make.

If this was not aimed at me:
Never mind. :-)

Anyway, I hope we can draw the line here, I think I've made my point sufficiently clear for those who have an interest in understanding it. I might drop by to argue with you some time later. :-)

Kay