Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Are there any delfina flipper users outhere?  (Read 859 times)

Description:

Offline DragsterTopic starter

• Show only replies by Dragster
Are there any delfina flipper users outhere?
« on: June 22, 2003, 07:44:04 AM »
Hello... just wondering if there's any delfina flipper users outhere... I'd like to interchange impressions about the board.

Thanks!!!

Daniel :)
Amiga 1200T 603/240, 060/50, SCSI II, Plextor 40/12/40S SCSI CDRW, Plextor 40X SCSI CDROM, Fujitsu 36GB 10KRPM SCSI HD, Pioneer 305S SCSI DVD, BVisionPPC, 256 MB FASTRAM, PowerFlyer EIDE, Scandex external scandoubler, ZIV busboard, Algor USB, Wireless, repulse audio...Peg II Quadruple boot: OS4.1FE/MorphOS 3.9 regged, OpenSUSE11.1 & Debian Squeeze, Powerbook G4 1139 MorphOS3.9, A4000D CSPPC/PIV/DENEB OS3.9/4.1FE, A4000T CSPPC/CVPPC/SCSI, etc.. 2

Offline Zadoc

• Show only replies by Zadoc
    • http://www.zadocnightmare.com
Re: Are there any delfina flipper users outhere?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2003, 12:53:01 PM »
Unfortunately, my Delfina had to be sent back. :-(

I had it up and running for all of about 30 minutes before the card died.

From that 30 minutes, I enjoyed the brief thrill of tocatta emulation allowing me to finally use OctaMED SoundStudio in 16bit.

I installed delfinampeg.device from Aminet and attempted to play an mp3 using the Delfina's DSP hardware decoding and got through about 2 mp3's before an annoying skipping lockup doomed my card inoperable.  Since that lockup all audio applications including DelfPrefs, DelFX, and DelfLoad fail to see the delfina card.

I just sent my card back to my dealer last week hoping that I can get a repair or replacement covered under the 2 year warranty claimed in the manual.
Welcome to my Nightmare
Zadoc...and the Nightmare