Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWest 2023 Oct 12th-15th  (Read 1812 times)

Description:

Offline tekmageTopic starter

AmiWest 2023 Oct 12th-15th
« on: August 26, 2023, 06:12:23 AM »
Hello Amiga Community,

AmiWest 2023 is coming fast!  Going strong since 1998, this year will be the 26th year of the longest-running Amiga-focused show in the world.  Set in Sacramento, CA, the Sacramento Amiga Computer Club and a dedicated group of volunteers host the event. 

Kicking off on October 12th is the AmiWest Developer Conference.  AmiWest has been hosting a DevCon for about a decade.  This is two days of focused learning and sharing from experts worldwide on the latest AmigaOS developments, and this year will be no different.  Hosted by Steven Solie, lead developer on the ExecSG team, the DevCon will cover various AmigaOS flavors, discussing topics like debugging, DMA routines, and more. 

The main exhibition opens at 10:00 AM on Oct 14th. Trevor Dickinson of A-Eon will launch the show with A-Eon news and announcements. Following Trevor will be a full schedule of speakers from across the globe. Speakers include RJ Mical (original Amiga dev), Michal Schulz (author of EMU68k), and more.  For those who can’t make it, we will livestream the day on YouTube. All the details are on the AmiWest webpage.

The exhibit hall will feature over 10 exhibitors. Many returning friends of the show, like Doug Compton of 10 MARC and Mr. Toast.  We also expect Matthew Leaman of AmigaKit to return to the show for the first time since 2017.  Also joining us for the first time is Ricardo Quesada with his UniJoySticle2 product.  A full list of exhibitors is posted on the AmiWest website.

The banquet starts at 7 PM on Saturday, October 14th, featuring Garry Hare, Ph.D.  He was the CEO of Amiga Inc. from 2003 to 2005, directly following Bill McEwen. You can read more about Garry’s involvement in the latest edition of “From Vultures to Vampires” volume two. Garry will provide unique insights into Amiga's history from a rarely heard voice.

The SACC Sales Table will be back, offering a variety of Amiga parts, books, and software. There will also be some complete Amiga classic systems for sale!  We expect to have on sale an A2000 and an A500, possibly more,

The show will also have a raffle filled with cool gadgets for all your computers.  After you grab your raffle tickets, be sure to stop by the game's competition table and give Knightmare a spin for a chance to win this year's trophy.

Keep an eye on the AmiWest blog for the latest update on the show.  In 1994, folks said the Amiga was dead. Boy, were they wrong!

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline SACC-guy

Re: AmiWest 2023 Oct 12th-15th
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 02:57:23 AM »
Hey,
At this years AmiWest..
I'm thinking I will sell my SAM 440ep (the red one) in it's travel case but only for local pickup!

SACC-guy

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 02:03:16 AM »
@all

I've created a survey for the AmiWest Devcon to see what folks are interested in. Please fill out our survey.

Cheers,
Bill "tekmage" Borsari

PS Updated the URL!

Last edited by tekmage on 21-Sep-2023 at 05:39 PM.

The following users thanked this post: alfredone

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 02:04:21 AM »
. . . and now it's just a week away! Love the poster by Mr. Toast as well! I will see everyone there this year and renew my Amigan friendships. See you at the show!

amigaprez