Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 29175 times)

Description:

Offline SACC-guy

Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« on: June 12, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
@Trevor

Well Done!

p.s. don't forget your blog (great read)

M

Offline SACC-guy

Re: But ask yourselves: WHY?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 03:35:44 AM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;766542
Why did we acquire Amiga.org? Was it pity or charity?

No to both questions. Bill was a willing seller and we were a willing buyer. We acquired all the Amiga.org brand and trademarks which were originally approved by Commodore in 1994 and pre-dates everything which came after Commodore's demise. That in itself was well worth the purchase price. However, speaking personally as an Amiga enthusiast, I just happy to help keep Amiga.org afloat together with the generous donations gratefully received to help with the running costs. Don't forget to keep feeding the kitty! ;-)

TrevorD
@Trevor
I was about to join up (due to your ownership)!
and discovered that the page page said to send money to Bill's company?
Page not fixed yet?

M

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:46:17 AM »
Quote from: kickstart;766488
Maybe yes.
@kickstart
So sad to see you go...(self edited)

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 03:54:08 AM »
Quote from: haywirepc;766478
Its a valid concern when one camp buys amiga.org that the site will be censored heavily because they have a vested financial interest in doing so. Already shown now that posts counter to their agenda will be edited, deleted or heavily censored.

I would have the same concern if MorphOS developers or AROS developers bought amiga.org. Hope this forum stays worth visiting, but it looks bad already...
@haywire

who does own morphos site?

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 08:59:12 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;766615
@Olafs3

Exactly, its never going to be perfect.

There will be tests to apply to any post, though:  ask yourself is this post made to contribute positively to this thread or is is designed to  create controversy or inflame other users?  

Then you need to assess whether the post is a legitimate point of view that adds value to the thread or is deliberately designed to be destructive to the discussion.

Not always an easy thing to do, so moderators need to be commended for the quality of good judgement calls they take in difficult situations.
@thread
amiga.org has always been a fine site...
I'm sure it will be even better with the newest owners.

Trevor and Matthew are supporters of all things Amiga (old and new)
They even put up their own money.

Say Thanks and hope they keep doing it... or you could start using your money!!!

M

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:28 AM »
Quote from: itix;766745
But as I wrote earlier you are going to have great issue running this site in peace. Hyperion supporters want the site to go pro-OS4 and are acting like that. Hyperion supporters want you to sell more OS4 hardware to amiga.org users. This includes certain activist moderators who want you to succeed with OS4.

What users want here is clean separation with NG and non-NG stuff and accept the fact that hardcore Amigans are trashing NG Amiga (OS4, MorphOS, AROS).
@itex

"user here" Please speak for yourself. I want all the amiga flavors.

since jan86 I still have my A1000, and I also am the only morph guy in SACC
and I have eyetech G4 with os4.1.6

M