Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga forever 6.0 Problems!!  (Read 2642 times)

Description:

Offline NobrakesTopic starter

• Show only replies by Nobrakes
Amiga forever 6.0 Problems!!
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:17:48 AM »
HI

I purchased clonato amiga forever 6.0 the online edition but it  does not want to install!! first i had a error "windows 16 bit sub system" and the installation stopped but i resovled this by replacing the autoexec.nt file in c:\windows\system 32 now the installation is working but then it stops because it is saying that i do not have enough free space!! :-o when i have an 80g hd nearly empty :pissed:  any one has any idea??
Amiga 1200 Blizzard  030 with 32mb fast ram,OS 3.9,Easy,Netpcmcia wireless network card,cdwriter and 10 gig hd...registered Make cd,ibrowse,amirc,whdload,ide fix 97
:flame: Back to the future

Re: Amiga forever 6.0 Problems!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 04:08:10 AM »
It is happening also with version 5.0!! can it be because i installed xp sp2 last week?!?
Amiga 1200 Blizzard  030 with 32mb fast ram,OS 3.9,Easy,Netpcmcia wireless network card,cdwriter and 10 gig hd...registered Make cd,ibrowse,amirc,whdload,ide fix 97

Offline DonnyEMU

• Show only replies by DonnyEMU
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 05:30:30 AM »
That's wierd because I use SP 2 with no problems with winUAE.. I didn't know winUAE even used the 16bit windows subsystem... It also works on Windows XP 64-bit edition just fine (just a lot faster) and it doesn't even support 16 bit windows apps.. What else are you running??
======================================
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com
======================================

Offline gizz72

• Show only replies by gizz72
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 07:28:24 AM »
Greetings Nobrakes,

Have you tried to Update DirectX. usually 9.x or more. I had the same problem before. Hope that helps. :-)

Regards,

Gizz
Good day to all Amigans!
Please Check My FaceBook page
or my Resource Blog @ G.A.R.P.

SAM - SAMSUNG DB-Z2 Dual Core; 1 GB RAM; Dual Drive Win7 and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
GEORGE - TOSHIBA Satellite J41 ; 512MB RAM; Dual Partition WinXP and IcarosDesktopv1.5.2
MANNY - A1200 + CobraDKB \'030 w/ 32MB + DataF

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 10:45:38 AM »
gizz72 wrote:
Have you tried to Update DirectX. usually 9.x or more. I had the same problem before. Hope that helps.

You don't need DirectX 9.x or more.
I'm using DirectX 8.1 and the latest version of
WinUAE(0.9.91) is working great!
 :-D

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004, 02:42:04 PM »
I installed panda antivirus lately but i don`t think its has something to do with it! the problem is only with amiga forever 5.0/6.0 when i try to install win UAE alone i have no problems

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2004, 02:47:25 PM »
already using direct x 9

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2004, 02:58:12 PM »
The 16-bit Windows subsystem is used by most installation programs, as they have to be able to say "Unsupported OS" or similar to people who run 16-bit Windows.

The problem with the hard drive space is a common problem among old Win32s apps, that often cannot detect disk space beyond the 2 gig barrier.

Doesn't Cloanto have some form of support?
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2004, 03:04:39 PM »
yes but the installation program of amiga forever is saying that i have 0k disk space :pissed:  I will try to contact clonato and see if i have a reply

Offline whabang

• Show only replies by whabang
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 03:06:41 PM »
Don't hate me for this but: Have you tried upgrading your BIOS? :)
Beating the dead horse since 2002.

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 09:32:25 PM »
This isn't uncommon, I see it lots with ancient-compatible database patching programs.  Are you using an Administrator account to install it, or just power user?

Sometimes it's the amount of free space left on a large harddisk that causes it - before now I've used partition magic to reduce it to under 1Gb, done the install, and then put it back.

Ideally Cloanto will patch it or do an msi installer rather than an older one or something ...
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 09:40:02 PM »
@Holley

I am using admin account but it is doing the same even if not It may be a problem related to xp sp2 because before i had only sp1 version 5.0 used to install with no problems!and now no version wants to install and i am really pissed :pissed:  because i paid money for something that i can`t install!!

Offline Holley

• Show only replies by Holley
    • http://www.Front-Runners.net
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 09:42:06 PM »
It might work if you bung it on another PC and then stick the installed folder onto CD so you can copy it over.  Dunno weather AF6 needs the registry keys or not (?) but lots of games work fine if copied this way, even ones that ask for a registration code!

Sorry I can't give any specific tips, but I've only got AF1, and I've had that less than a week :-P

Unless you installed the proper XP with SP2 from scratch it should be uninstallable - my other half has done this as it was causing her all kinda of problems!
\\"Sex, drugs and rock n\\\' roll are very good for you\\" - Ian Dury

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 09:51:11 PM »

Offline Thomas

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 08:02:49 AM »

Nobrakes wrote:
HI

I purchased clonato amiga forever 6.0 the online edition but it  does not want to install!! first i had a error "windows 16 bit sub system" and the installation stopped but i resovled this by replacing the autoexec.nt file in c:\windows\system 32 now the installation is working but then it stops because it is saying that i do not have enough free space!! :-o when i have an 80g hd nearly empty :pissed:  any one has any idea??

It's probably the >2GB issue. You have two possibilities:

1. create a link to the installer and in the properties tell it to be Win98 compatible

or

2. create a *big* file on the partition (about 2GB) so the remainder of dividing the free space by 4GB drops below 2GB. You can use WinUAE's Create Hardfile function for this.

Bye,
Thomas