Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PocketUAE  (Read 2466 times)

Description:

Offline bloodlineTopic starter

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: PocketUAE
« Reply #14 from previous page: July 24, 2004, 12:09:59 AM »
hmmm :-) Funnily enough, I do get that Amiga feeling from my iPAQ :-D

In answer to your questions:
A huge amount of money and Gateway if anyone, but I imagine the designs have been dumped since they are totally useless now.

Offline Failure

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Failure
    • http://awhitlock.net/
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2004, 12:31:07 AM »
Anyone with an iPAQ that has some networking know if the bsdsocket.library is included and working?  That would be really cool, especially with the wireless.  Assuming you have enough horsepower to run a web browser.

I'd try it myself but I can't find the cable to plug my 1945 to the laptop *cries*

--
Failure
You can\'t spell evil without "vi"
AMIX Wiki | AmixBP

Offline nagaflas

• Show only replies by nagaflas
    • http://www.twitter.com/shaun_fossett/

Offline DonnyEMU

• Show only replies by DonnyEMU
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2004, 10:01:10 PM »
I just installed the beta of PocketUAE.. Well it's soo cool.. I always wanted to run dpaint on my pocket pc.. There are several things I have found out though, if you go into 320x400 (I think it's the fact that you see every other line in interlace mode) the menu and screen drag doesn't work very well.

Getting the beta to recognize anything but chip memory so far has been kinda weird. My pocket PC is a 400 mhz xscale and I am always amazed at how slow it run's ARM binaries.. Maybe the author will release an xscale specific version.

It's just amazing to see the Amiga stuff running in the pocket. It impresses me a lot more than the Amiga DE stuff does.

Anyway, I am curious about anyone who has tried this out on other pocket pc's besides the HP Ipaq 2215..

======================================
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com

Offline Methanoid

• Show only replies by Methanoid
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2004, 11:01:52 PM »
I'd like to see him grab Dave from FinalBurn.com's Cyclone engine for the 68k and optimise for Xscale with a target 400mhz CPU for full speed with sound. After all, not all CPUs will be 624mhz!!

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 09:47:18 AM »

DonnyEMU wrote:
I just installed the beta of PocketUAE.. Well it's soo cool.. I always wanted to run dpaint on my pocket pc.. There are several things I have found out though, if you go into 320x400 (I think it's the fact that you see every other line in interlace mode) the menu and screen drag doesn't work very well.

Getting the beta to recognize anything but chip memory so far has been kinda weird. My pocket PC is a 400 mhz xscale and I am always amazed at how slow it run's ARM binaries.. Maybe the author will release an xscale specific version.

It's just amazing to see the Amiga stuff running in the pocket. It impresses me a lot more than the Amiga DE stuff does.

Anyway, I am curious about anyone who has tried this out on other pocket pc's besides the HP Ipaq 2215..

Dpaint (-Edit- DPaint IV) runs really well on my unit... Interlace mode looks exactly the same as it does on my TV... If you want screen dragging to work, you have to switch off vertical centering.

I too have a 400Mhz Xscale but my machine is an HP iPAQ 4150, which I think uses faster Memory and has a faster memory interface than the 2215. An Xscale specific binary would be nice, since the author has released the souce code, it shouldn't take much to target it for the Xscale.

-Edit- It helps to over colck the CPU with the appropriate software (XCPUScale pushes my CPU up to 530Mhz which gives a surprising boost!)

Offline Mouse

• Show only replies by Mouse
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 01:22:24 PM »
Help me install PocketUAE, please

I have downloaded the binaries and copied them to my IPaq 5550, but as to where to go from there is a mystery to me, can I use the roms that came with Amiga Forever V5 for my PC.

All help will be greatful.

I am new to dealing with binaries, I am so use to just installing software, and away you go.

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 01:35:07 PM »

Mouse wrote:
Help me install PocketUAE, please

I have downloaded the binaries and copied them to my IPaq 5550, but as to where to go from there is a mystery to me, can I use the roms that came with Amiga Forever V5 for my PC.

All help will be greatful.

I am new to dealing with binaries, I am so use to just installing software, and away you go.

Ok, copy the ADF files into the disks dir and your Rom files into the roms dir on the iPAQ.

Now edit the .uaerc file to point to your kickstart rom chip, and the disk files you want loaded into the emulator...

Then run UAE :-)

Offline Mouse

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2004, 02:25:25 PM »
How do I edit the .uaerc file to point to the kickstart rom chip, and the disk files I want load into the emulator.

:-?

Offline DonnyEMU

• Show only replies by DonnyEMU
    • http://blog.donburnett.com
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2004, 02:34:04 PM »
It's a text file before you transfer it over you need to edit the settings.. Mine looks something like this:

########################################
## PocketUAE Sample Config 22.07.2004 ##
########################################

# Specify your Kickstart ROM-File here:
kickstart_rom_file=roms/kick31.rom

# Specify CPU type (e.g. 68000, 68010, 68020, 68020/68881)
cpu_type=68020

# Specify Chipset type (e.g. aga, ecs, ecs_agnus, ecs_denise, ocs)
# (You can leave it commented-out for A500)
chipset=aga

# Specify CPU/Chipset speed relation (e.g. max, real, or a number between 1 and 20)
# (Try to play around with this :) )
#cpu_speed=real
cpu_speed=max
#cpu_speed=10

# Size in n*512 kilobytes of chip-memory
chipmem_size=4    

# Size in n*256 kilobytes of bogo-memory at 0xC00000
bogomem_size=0

# Size in n*megabytes of fast-memory
fastmem_size=0

# Size in n*megabytes of Zorro-III expansion memory
z3mem_size=16

# PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS BLOCK!
gfx_width=320
gfx_height=240
gfx_lores=yes
gfx_center_vertical=simple
gfx_center_horizontal=simple
gfx_linemode=none

# Specify yes for fullscreen (landscape) or no for windowed mode (will not show all amiga screen content)
gfx_fullscreen_amiga=yes

# Specify amount for frameskipping (draws all n frames, this means gfx_framerate=1 uses no frameskip)
gfx_framerate=5

# Specify which directory (on your PocketPC) to use for Amiga-HDD emulation (yes, it works! :) )
#filesystem=rw,HDD:/uae/hdd

# Specify which harddisk-image to use for Amiga-HDD emulation (you may use your WinUAE images here :) )
#hardfile=rw,32,1,2,512,/uae/hdd.hdf

# Specify which floppy-image to use in which drive
# PLEASE NOTE: As there's no gui yet, you can't switch disks ingame, yet!
floppy0=disks/wb31.adf
floppy1=disks/dpaint4.adf
#floppy0=disks/Superfrog - Disk1.adf
#floppy1=disks/Superfrog - Disk2.adf
#floppy2=disks/Superfrog - Disk3.adf
#floppy3=disks/Superfrog - Disk4.adf

# Specify Sound-Output (e.g. normal for normal, interrupts for none, this still simulates sound for apps and games)
sound_output=normal
#sound_output=interrupts

# You may change this, but you shouldn't. Really. :)
sound_channels=mono
sound_bits=8
sound_frequency=11025

# Please do NOT use a value smaller than 2756, this does not work correctly yet, I'm still working on this issue!
sound_min_buff=2756
sound_max_buff=2756

# Specify mouse and joysticks (you should not change this, as this works for most games)
joyport0=mouse
joyport1=kbd2

Any Questions?? You can edit this file nicely with notepad
Don Burnett Developer
http://blog.donburnett.com
don@donburnett.com

Offline Mouse

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2004, 10:19:36 AM »
I have been able to open the original uaerc file and i have to admit that the text you have written below has absolutely no meaning to me (I'm not used to CLI commands.

Please could you be more specific :-?

I would really love to be able to run the Amiga Operating system on my IPaq 5550.

I have the the ROM images, I have taken them from my copy of Amiga Forever.

I have a folder in my Program Files called UAE and within that I have folders called disks, hdd, roms and two files uae and the uaerc file.

Please, please help