Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 100s of pieces of Amiga gear at eBay  (Read 7422 times)

Description:

Offline artstewTopic starter

• Show only replies by artstew
100s of pieces of Amiga gear at eBay
« on: June 26, 2011, 03:34:10 AM »
I’m letting anyone interested know that I’m auctioning all of my Amiga gear on eBay. I’ve been using an Amiga since 1994 when I bought a used A500 and have been a closet Amiga Nut ever since.  I just don’t have time anymore.  For the next two weeks or so I’ll put up over 100 Amiga related items.  Over ¾ of it is some type of hardware.  Most is for the A2000 but there are some A500 items and some crossovers, such as a couple of Chinon High Density Disk Drives (a FB-357A and a FZ-357A).  There are some accelerators ( a GVP G-Force 030 Combo 50 MHz with 16 Mb Ram, an A2030 at 25MHz with 4 Mb, a GVP Impact A3001 & RAM32 50 Mhz with 32 Mb Ram on a Ram32 Card-Yes it really uses all 32 Mb,  a non-working GVP G-Force 040 Combo with No Ram-I bought this on eBay and it didn’t work, and a GVP A530 40 Mhz Accelerator).  I have SCSI controllers (one of my GVPs has a good –see below-Guru-ROM), mice, keyboards, over 500 disks, SCSI cables, Zip & Jaz Drives (internal & external), graphics cards (a Cybervision 64/3D Mk-II & a Piccolo SD64),  a couple of flicker fixers (one is an A2320 and the other is an ICD Flicker Free Video that I left hooked up to my backup A2000 motherboard), three A2000 motherboards (two version 6s and one version 4), one A500 version 5 board, and a lot more.  I’m not going to list it all here because I’m having enough trouble putting it all up on eBay.  I will be very straightforward about how the item was used and whether I tested it or if it doesn’t work (I only have a few of those items).
 I will let everyone know that I have taken very good care of my hardware.  The only things I don’t have are cases for the motherboards.  I tended to try to stuff as many devices as I could into my machines and ended up cutting up the boxes so things would fit; or so the cases would fit into a bigger box.  My last project involved shoving my system into an old Compaq server tower.  I cut, sawed, grinded, soldered, and welded to my heart’s content.  I ended up (I used a Buddha Flash Phoenix Edition that is in the auction by the way, the A3001 Card, and a GVP SCSI controller with a Guru-Rom) with 3 CD Writers, a 16GB Compact Flash Card, 4 Hard Drives, two floppy Drives, my A2320 Flicker Fixer, the Piccolo Card, a DKB Megachip, a Zip 100 Drive, and using a Bigfoot power supply along with a 250 Watt PC Power supply for some of the devices.  It was a great system, but weighed a ton; so there you are, no cases are going to be sold, they’re to hacked up.  As I said, though, I was always very careful with my hardware and obsessive about keeping it clean.  The only piece I ever had go bad was a v6.13 Guru-ROM Chip.  I think I messed up the ROM programming, but I’m even selling the Guru-ROM along with all the equipment I bought to reprogram it and never had the time to figure out how to do it.
I will miss tweaking and working with my Amiga, but I have way to much going on now; so here’s to all the other Amiga Nuts (that’s what my brother called me after he gave it up) out there. and I hope some of this will give you as much joy as it did me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:49:40 AM by artstew »

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
Re: 100s of pieces of Amiga gear at eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:03 AM »
link?
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline LordSpunky

• Show only replies by LordSpunky
    • http://www.tristancobb.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 10:07:16 AM »
Location and link please :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000D - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1/5/9 / 2MB ChipRAM / 16MB FastRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 128MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD

Commodore
Pet 4016-N / C-VIC20 x3 / C-64 x3 / C-64C x3 / C128 x2 / C16 / C-Plus/4
Commodore Amiga
A1000 / A500 x5 / A500 Plus / A600 x5 / A1200 x4 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV

Offline gertsy

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by gertsy
    • http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~gbakker64/
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
Quote from: LordSpunky;647147
Location and link please :)

LOL bit of a scatter gun post. Yep, a country would help too.

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 12:28:11 PM »
I searched around until I found him on Ebay.  Here is the link to his stuff.

http://shop.ebay.com/artstew/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

AND!

Item location:Lee's Summit, MO, United States

Have to say, things seem to be set to a reasonable start bid, quite a rarity these days.

Best of luck to sellers AND bidders...  Me?  I'm flat BROKE!!!!:roflmao:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

Offline rjones

• Show only replies by rjones
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 01:50:25 PM »
Quote from: artstew;647106
I’m letting anyone interested know that I’m auctioning all of my Amiga gear on eBay. I’ve been using an Amiga since 1994 when I bought a used A500 and have been a closet Amiga Nut ever since.  I just don’t have time anymore.  For the next two weeks or so I’ll put up over 100 Amiga related items.  Over ¾ of it is some type of hardware.  Most is for the A2000 but there are some A500 items and some crossovers, such as a couple of Chinon High Density Disk Drives (a FB-357A and a FZ-357A).  There are some accelerators ( a GVP G-Force 030 Combo 50 MHz with 16 Mb Ram, an A2030 at 25MHz with 4 Mb, a GVP Impact A3001 & RAM32 50 Mhz with 32 Mb Ram on a Ram32 Card-Yes it really uses all 32 Mb,  a non-working GVP G-Force 040 Combo with No Ram-I bought this on eBay and it didn’t work, and a GVP A530 40 Mhz Accelerator).  I have SCSI controllers (one of my GVPs has a good –see below-Guru-ROM), mice, keyboards, over 500 disks, SCSI cables, Zip & Jaz Drives (internal & external), graphics cards (a Cybervision 64/3D Mk-II & a Piccolo SD64),  a couple of flicker fixers (one is an A2320 and the other is an ICD Flicker Free Video that I left hooked up to my backup A2000 motherboard), three A2000 motherboards (two version 6s and one version 4), one A500 version 5 board, and a lot more.  I’m not going to list it all here because I’m having enough trouble putting it all up on eBay.  I will be very straightforward about how the item was used and whether I tested it or if it doesn’t work (I only have a few of those items).
 I will let everyone know that I have taken very good care of my hardware.  The only things I don’t have are cases for the motherboards.  I tended to try to stuff as many devices as I could into my machines and ended up cutting up the boxes so things would fit; or so the cases would fit into a bigger box.  My last project involved shoving my system into an old Compaq server tower.  I cut, sawed, grinded, soldered, and welded to my heart’s content.  I ended up (I used a Buddha Flash Phoenix Edition that is in the auction by the way, the A3001 Card, and a GVP SCSI controller with a Guru-Rom) with 3 CD Writers, a 16GB Compact Flash Card, 4 Hard Drives, two floppy Drives, my A2320 Flicker Fixer, the Piccolo Card, a DKB Megachip, a Zip 100 Drive, and using a Bigfoot power supply along with a 250 Watt PC Power supply for some of the devices.  It was a great system, but weighed a ton; so there you are, no cases are going to be sold, they’re to hacked up.  As I said, though, I was always very careful with my hardware and obsessive about keeping it clean.  The only piece I ever had go bad was a v6.13 Guru-ROM Chip.  I think I messed up the ROM programming, but I’m even selling the Guru-ROM along with all the equipment I bought to reprogram it and never had the time to figure out how to do it.
I will miss tweaking and working with my Amiga, but I have way to much going on now; so here’s to all the other Amiga Nuts (that’s what my brother called me after he gave it up) out there. and I hope some of this will give you as much joy as it did me.
I can't use paypal. Can i give you credit card by phone.

Offline rjones

• Show only replies by rjones
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 01:51:58 PM »
Quote from: artstew;647106
I’m letting anyone interested know that I’m auctioning all of my Amiga gear on eBay. I’ve been using an Amiga since 1994 when I bought a used A500 and have been a closet Amiga Nut ever since. I just don’t have time anymore. For the next two weeks or so I’ll put up over 100 Amiga related items. Over ¾ of it is some type of hardware. Most is for the A2000 but there are some A500 items and some crossovers, such as a couple of Chinon High Density Disk Drives (a FB-357A and a FZ-357A). There are some accelerators ( a GVP G-Force 030 Combo 50 MHz with 16 Mb Ram, an A2030 at 25MHz with 4 Mb, a GVP Impact A3001 & RAM32 50 Mhz with 32 Mb Ram on a Ram32 Card-Yes it really uses all 32 Mb, a non-working GVP G-Force 040 Combo with No Ram-I bought this on eBay and it didn’t work, and a GVP A530 40 Mhz Accelerator). I have SCSI controllers (one of my GVPs has a good –see below-Guru-ROM), mice, keyboards, over 500 disks, SCSI cables, Zip & Jaz Drives (internal & external), graphics cards (a Cybervision 64/3D Mk-II & a Piccolo SD64), a couple of flicker fixers (one is an A2320 and the other is an ICD Flicker Free Video that I left hooked up to my backup A2000 motherboard), three A2000 motherboards (two version 6s and one version 4), one A500 version 5 board, and a lot more. I’m not going to list it all here because I’m having enough trouble putting it all up on eBay. I will be very straightforward about how the item was used and whether I tested it or if it doesn’t work (I only have a few of those items).
I will let everyone know that I have taken very good care of my hardware. The only things I don’t have are cases for the motherboards. I tended to try to stuff as many devices as I could into my machines and ended up cutting up the boxes so things would fit; or so the cases would fit into a bigger box. My last project involved shoving my system into an old Compaq server tower. I cut, sawed, grinded, soldered, and welded to my heart’s content. I ended up (I used a Buddha Flash Phoenix Edition that is in the auction by the way, the A3001 Card, and a GVP SCSI controller with a Guru-Rom) with 3 CD Writers, a 16GB Compact Flash Card, 4 Hard Drives, two floppy Drives, my A2320 Flicker Fixer, the Piccolo Card, a DKB Megachip, a Zip 100 Drive, and using a Bigfoot power supply along with a 250 Watt PC Power supply for some of the devices. It was a great system, but weighed a ton; so there you are, no cases are going to be sold, they’re to hacked up. As I said, though, I was always very careful with my hardware and obsessive about keeping it clean. The only piece I ever had go bad was a v6.13 Guru-ROM Chip. I think I messed up the ROM programming, but I’m even selling the Guru-ROM along with all the equipment I bought to reprogram it and never had the time to figure out how to do it.

Offline hardlink

• Show only replies by hardlink
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:58:18 PM »
Quote from: J-Golden;647156
Have to say, things seem to be set to a reasonable start bid, quite a rarity these days.
Best of luck to sellers AND bidders...  Me?  I'm flat BROKE!!!!

75% Hardware - I like this guy.
But being broke sometimes helps keep my hardware habit under control.

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 02:54:32 AM »
Sorry to everyone for not giving you more info about the auction.  Yes, I am located in Lee's Summit, Missouri in the U.S.; and I am putting things up very randomly as I have been testing, weighing, measuring and trying to write accurate descriptions; and teaching summer school.  I’m also a pretty random person at times.

During this process I am learning a lot about shipping.  The main lesson I learned is that it can be very expensive to ship internationally.  I know there are more Amiga users worldwide than here in the U.S.; and I’d like to see the gear go to someone who will take care of it.  My main concern is that I want to make sure it gets to the buyer and we both don’t waste time and money in the process.  After talking to some shipping offices and listening to their horror stories, I want to be able to ship the items with insurance and this seems to be the problem with most larger items (in boxes over a pound).   I could use some advice on international shipping because I’m sure many of you out there have experience.  So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I appreciate J-Golden posting the link to the items I have up for auction.  I have quite a few add-on cards for the A2000 that I’ll post this weekend and I should be finished by Sunday night.  If you have any questions or answers, I’ll check here for the next few nights.  Thanks!

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 04:14:29 AM »
Quote from: rjones;647164
Sorry, I'm only going through Pay-Pal; which will cost me more, I know.  But, I'm trying to make at least the payment part as convenient for myself as possible. (And safer, I hope!)

Offline EgillSkallagrimsson

• Show only replies by EgillSkallagrimsson
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2011, 11:01:50 PM »
Quote from: artstew;647697
Sorry to everyone for not giving you more info about the auction.  Yes, I am located in Lee's Summit, Missouri in the U.S.; and I am putting things up very randomly as I have been testing, weighing, measuring and trying to write accurate descriptions; and teaching summer school.  I’m also a pretty random person at times.

During this process I am learning a lot about shipping.  The main lesson I learned is that it can be very expensive to ship internationally.  I know there are more Amiga users worldwide than here in the U.S.; and I’d like to see the gear go to someone who will take care of it.  My main concern is that I want to make sure it gets to the buyer and we both don’t waste time and money in the process.  After talking to some shipping offices and listening to their horror stories, I want to be able to ship the items with insurance and this seems to be the problem with most larger items (in boxes over a pound).   I could use some advice on international shipping because I’m sure many of you out there have experience.  So, any suggestions would be appreciated.

I appreciate J-Golden posting the link to the items I have up for auction.  I have quite a few add-on cards for the A2000 that I’ll post this weekend and I should be finished by Sunday night.  If you have any questions or answers, I’ll check here for the next few nights.  Thanks!

I sent you a question about one of the A2000 mobos on ebay. ;)
Escom A4000T (CS-PPC, Picasso IV, Deneb, DVD burner, scsi->ide->cf adapter, 36gb scsi hdd, 750zip)

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 12:47:07 AM »
When will put put those Graphic cards on eBay?
Also IF you come across a 060 for an A1200 please let me know.. :D
Also do you ship to Australia?
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 03:23:47 AM »
It's after nine here and I just got home.  I'll check my eBay messages after posting this.  The Graphics cards along with most of my add on cards will go up this weekend.  I'm not listing anything tonight, as I'm very tired and need a break.  I'll start listing again tomorrow evening. I still have quite a bit; but all the motherboards are listed. Thanks much and I'll keep checking here for questions.  BTW, any help on shipping internationally?

Offline mousehouse

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
I just got another box in from the US to the Netherlands (EU) with one zorro card. Was shipped using USPS, costs $13 or something similar and arrived here in little less than a week.

Myself I sold some stuff through Ebay the last month and shipped about 20 packages across the globe. Into the US or EU takes a long time if customs needs to look at it.

Tips:
Make sure you fill out the customs form properly. The value stated on it usually is also the insured value of the package. Based on this amount the receiver will pay import duties (in Europe usually about 20% + many extra's + handling fee).

For small stuff just specifiy an amount like value $10 and GIFT. Saves weeks on time and import duties.

You can have people arrange pickup by courier. That way you don't have to do anything but wait at the door for UPS, TNT, DHL, ... to arrive and take away the box.

I only use TNT for sending because it works out almost always, I can drop of the package near my home and the prices are OK. Point being, stick to one courier and save yourself the trouble of figuring out the many different ways and forms ;-)
A3000T

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2011, 06:59:53 AM »
Thanks mousehouse! I'll check again at USPS. I was looking over the customs forms the other day and they don't look to bad.  As I said before, my main concern is the items getting there OK and nobody losing out. BTW; I started posting some of my cards tonight if anyone is interested.  More going up the rest of the weekend.  It might take me till Monday or Tuesday to list it as I'm having trouble locating boxes that a Zorro II card will fit in and isn't huge.