Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Genuine originals or fake originals???  (Read 7466 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Genuine originals or fake originals???
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:13:03 AM »
Probably a mixture of both, some genuine some fake you get the same stuff on the UK eBay all the time especially "home made" cartridges... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 04:01:40 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;627110
Bingo! If they can fake SID chips, disks are a cinch and cartridges only slightly harder. At least those last two probably work.

You can buy all the stuff you need to easily make C64 cartridges from ebay, it's usually the guys selling the fake cartridges who'll sell the stuff to make your own cartridges... :)

PS: I should know, I bought the bits'n'bobs to give it a try and it work perfectly... ;)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:18:47 AM »
Quote from: gertsy;627114
Agree. I wanted the C64 Ms Pacman Rom.  Originals sell for $100s.  A copy of the original Cart $20.  Playing the game(that's what it all about).. Priceless.!
The exitation of the primate orbitofrontal cortex and amygdala producing tangent epiphytic recollections,,(sigh) doubly so.

You can get cream off the doctor for that you know, it ain't fatal (well unless it kills you and that can be bad sometimes)... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:49:45 AM »
Quote from: T3000;627119
The 1581 Demo/ Utility 3.5" disk is a forgery. The original CBM floppy casing is dark blue. The label in the photo is very poorly reproduced and the floppy cover has a Memorex logo.
Maverick V5 copy utility 3 disk set is also a copy as the original 5.25 discs did not have a notch and, if I remember correctly, white plastic.
The Little Computer People appears to be authentic. Poor photograph. Hard to tell.
If I could get to my C=64 stuff and would be able to verify.

Based on other items poorly reproduced lables, I'd say this guy is....  ARRGH! A PIRATE!

Put some cream on it, it works for Gertsy... :D

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:05:52 AM »
Quote from: Iggy;627122
I know you can get milk from anything with nipples, but "get cream off the doctor"?
I ain't drinking that.

You don't drink it silly, you rub it on... :)

Erm... on second thought's best just to let the disease take it's natural course... :eek: