Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: IndivisionECS will have dual video output!  (Read 19764 times)

Description:

Offline amigakit

Re: IndivisionECS will have dual video output!
« Reply #119 from previous page: September 01, 2009, 05:22:07 PM »
@Quarkx

We sell the Indivision ECS for $125.61 US Dollars

We are selling the Indivision ECS for the same price as other resellers - so I dont understand why you think we are more expensive?  Unless you are comparing US Dollars incorrectly with Canadian Dollars.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by jj
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2009, 05:23:32 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;521705
I was using those number as an example, but your development costs should be a whole separate cost then your production costs. I agree that all costs are covered by the profit margin,and yes, you have to eat etc. I look at long term growth, not can I get my money back tomorow. You say the numbers are small on the Amiga market, but how many people are out there not buying any new product because the prices are too high? (for example, how many people would by a SAM if the price was under $200?)
Yes, I am an idiot, yes, I "have no clue" bla bla bla.
this is getting us no where, lets please put a stop to the bickering. the simple fact is that its a done deal, no mater what I say, the price is the price period. You are setting a price and I have no say in that. Until I make a competing product, and set the price point where I want it, then I will just STF up.

If you think that the R&D costs should not be re-couped in the unit cost in such a small market, where you will never have the turnover to re-coup it otherwise, then yes sir you are an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:29:00 PM by JJ »
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2009, 05:48:53 PM »
Quote from: Schoenfeld;521703
Truth is, it *wins* one sale, as you're pointing out. My bills are paid by sales, not imaginary figures. You claim that I'd be making $10 on every unit if I sold it at $69? OK, deduct taxes, deduct dealer margin, deduct Oliver's salary and - oh, nothing left to deduct. Pardon, I forgot, you know that chip dealer who pays in cash if you take FPGAs off of him. Care to share the phone number?

Laser stencils are for free. Machine programming is done by dwarfs during the night when everybody else is sleeping. Eating is overrated. Banks don't want money, they already got plenty. Electricity comes out of the wallplug. Quality control is not necessary, they'll work, and if they don't, the warranty will fix it (which is for free as well). Boxes and manuals also print themselves. Think of it: Paper is made from trees, so it's free - trees don't charge us for growing. Software updates are also free. Why? Look at icomp's website, they're all free for download. You can download as many times as you want, and they don't charge extra!

Man, is Canada really that far out?

Jens

Ever considered a 2nd carreer as stand-up comedian ?

Edit:
Just that noone gets that wrong.... I think the price is quite o.k. for such a complicated product in such a small market.
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2009, 05:50:16 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;521716
@Quarkx

We sell the Indivision ECS for $125.61 US Dollars

We are selling the Indivision ECS for the same price as other resellers - so I dont understand why you think we are more expensive?  Unless you are comparing US Dollars incorrectly with Canadian Dollars.

I was quoting your Canadian price $138.32 (which I did NOt realise unitil not that it was Canadian Dollar) and Red's quote was 125, which was in US I am sorry, they Both come out to $138-$139 or so Canadian. So I apologize if it looked like Red was way cheaper.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2009, 06:38:00 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;521701
Hey, let me just point out, that I am not Arguing and arguing.

I would have to disagree with you and point to how many posts you have made in just this thread as evidence.

Quote from: quarkx;52170
Red's seem to have a much better price on it than Amigakit

Another stupid remark that is incorrect.  You really should have quit this thread a long time ago, or just admitted that you were wrong and then dropped all of you idiocy.  Your statements are incorrect and your logic is faulty.

Quote from: quarkx;52170
This will be the last comment I post on the matter here, because, obviously I can't and will not EVER EVER EVER get my point across, and nobody sees my point of view.

I wish it had been your last comment on this matter, but you just keep going on and on without making any sense and then complain that you are not understood.  We understand you perfectly, but you are just plain wrong and don't want to admit it.  Grow UP!
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline quarkx

• Show only replies by quarkx
    • http://www.amigalounge.com
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2009, 06:53:32 PM »
Quote from: amigadave;521729
I would have to disagree with you and point to how many posts you have made in just this thread as evidence.

Another stupid remark that is incorrect.  You really should have quit this thread a long time ago, or just admitted that you were wrong and then dropped all of you idiocy.  Your statements are incorrect and your logic is faulty.

I wish it had been your last comment on this matter, but you just keep going on and on without making any sense and then complain that you are not understood.  We understand you perfectly, but you are just plain wrong and don't want to admit it.  Grow UP!

Maybe you better go back and re-read the posts.
for your first quote , jen was talking about my blog, not this thread.
second, I did admit and apologise that The currency was listed in Canadain Dollars on Amigakits website and in US dolars on Red's making Red's A buck MORE than Amigakits.
so instead of jumping on your high horse, because YOU think I am wrong, read the posts properly.
but enough already. I am getting sick of this childish behavour. YOU need to grow up, but i guess you just want to troll instead.

If you want me to stop posting, then You quit making blatently false and missinformed acusations in which I need to clarify the comment, and defend myself.
I have Amiga stuff for sale at http://amigalounge.com. You can follow my builds there also.

Offline tone007

« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;521733

You go back and spell/grammar check your posts first.  Reading them the first time was painful enough.
3 Commodore file cabinets, 2 Commodore USB turntables, 1 AmigaWorld beer mug
Alienware M14x i7 laptop running AmigaForever

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:03 PM »
Quote from: quarkx;521733
for your first quote , jen was talking about my blog, not this thread.
second, I did admit and apologise that The currency was listed in Canadain Dollars on Amigakits website and in US dolars on Red's making Red's A buck MORE than Amigakits.
so instead of jumping on your high horse, because YOU think I am wrong, read the posts properly.
but enough already. I am getting sick of this childish behavour. YOU need to grow up, but i guess you just want to troll instead.

If you want me to stop posting, then You quit making blatently false and missinformed acusations in which I need to clarify the comment, and defend myself.

You just don't know when to quit do you? I don't care what you say Jens was writing about, I was pointing out that you are just arguing here in this thread (so I doubt you act differently anywhere else) and "I" am not the only one who thinks you are making an idiot out of yourself with your ideas on how Jens should market his gear.  I have not made any "blatently false or misinformed accusations" about you or anything you have posted in this thread.

By continuing to "Argue" in this thread you just confirm what I posted about you in my first quote and continue to act childish, what are you 14 years old?

Don't worry, I won't waste another keystroke on you or this stupid topic that you think you know better on how to market Jen's work.

(I am sure you will have to make some more stupid responses to this and other posts as you are too immature to know when to quit)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 09:20:21 PM by amigadave »

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2009, 11:57:32 PM »
Before this gets too heated, could we please just get back on topic? That's everyone, myself included.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:58 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;521763
Before this gets too heated, could we please just get back on topic? That's everyone, myself included.

Ok Mr Red :)

I wonder if version 2 could be re-flashed to add AGA support...is it technically possible peoples?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline redrumloaTopic starter

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2009, 01:05:10 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;521769
Ok Mr Red :)

I wonder if version 2 could be re-flashed to add AGA support...is it technically possible peoples?

AFAIK Jens said no earlier. :-/
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2009, 01:52:30 AM »
Quote from: redrumloa;521771
AFAIK Jens said no earlier. :-/

Notice I said version 2...with an FPGA Alice ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:29:38 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2009, 02:52:18 AM »
Sorry Red and everyone else.  I just get riled up sometimes and have to respond to some of the bullsh!+ that gets spouted around here from time to time.

Quote from: NovaCoder;521774
Notice I said version 2 ;)

I think a softcore AGA for FPGA is still a ways off from being completed, but maybe some day what you are asking for will be possible.

I don't doubt that some would want AGA for their A500/A1000/A2000/CDTV, but for me, I think I would just rather use my A1200 and/or CD32.

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2009, 03:03:37 AM »
Quote from: amigadave;521779
I think a softcore AGA for FPGA is still a ways off from being completed, but maybe some day what you are asking for will be possible.

I don't doubt that some would want AGA for their A500/A1000/A2000/CDTV, but for me, I think I would just rather use my A1200 and/or CD32.

Yep I realise that it won't be happening anytime soon, I just wondered if it was technically possible (because AGA is not that much different to ECS).
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline Schoenfeld

• Show only replies by Schoenfeld
    • http://icomp.de
« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2009, 07:31:17 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;521774
Notice I said version 2...with an FPGA Alice ;)

AGA requires quadroupling the data rate, which is pretty much impossible on 2-layer boards without a wider data bus.

AGA reaches twice the data rate with a twice-as-wide data bus and another factor of two with double-CAS accesses (kind of a burst). This would have to be translated into a burst of 4 16-bit words in order to get the data across from the Agnug socket to the Denise socket.

Given the short data-valid-window and the extremely flaky rise/fall times of the chip data bus, such a transfer would be very flaky, if not impossible. It all comes down to making a new mainboard.

In my opinion, you don't really need AGA in everyday life. My A3000 was my favourite Amiga for quite a long time, mainly due to it's compactness and the built-in flickerfixer. I guess this place will be taken by an A500 or A600 now, as it can run without any moving parts (CF card instead of HD, fanless power supply).

Jens

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 07:47:29 AM »
Quote from: Schoenfeld;521797
AGA requires quadroupling the data rate, which is pretty much impossible on 2-layer boards without a wider data bus.

AGA reaches twice the data rate with a twice-as-wide data bus and another factor of two with double-CAS accesses (kind of a burst). This would have to be translated into a burst of 4 16-bit words in order to get the data across from the Agnug socket to the Denise socket.

Jens

Jens,

Excuse my lack of understanding but would it not be possible to link these 2 FPGA addons together externally (an extra data-bus?)

Regardless, I'm personally more interested in an improved AGA design using FPGA(S).  Either as an add-on to existing AGA motherboards, new MB's for classic cases or just new mini ITX style motherboards :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:49:49 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!