Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: *More goodies added to my website*  (Read 1324 times)

Description:

Offline 1985BMWK75Topic starter

• Show only replies by 1985BMWK75
    • http://www.amigamaniac.com/
*More goodies added to my website*
« on: November 28, 2008, 08:39:34 AM »
Hi All,

I have added the following items to my website:

*Refurbished 4MB 30 PIN SIMMS (sold in pairs, i.e. 8MB)
*Brand new 64MB 72 PIN SIMMS
*New tiny 128k ZIP chips (rod of four IC's, so 512k in total)

Female CF to IDE adapters on the way, plus some null modem cables.

Nathan

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
Re: *More goodies added to my website*
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 08:42:52 AM »
so you're giving away a cd full of .adf files of all kinds of what? public domain games or something?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline hese7

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:35:42 AM »

weirdami wrote:
public domain games or something?

something

Offline darksun9210

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:04:24 AM »
[homer]
mmmmmmm something.....
[/homer]

A500 Vampire2/minimegachip/lazarus/indyECS
A600 Vampire2/604n/subway/IndyECS
A1200 PiStorm32+Pi4/subway/IndyAGA
A3k C=040/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Zoram256/acard scsi-ide-CF/IndyECS,
A4k CSMk3-060/CV64-3D/Xsurf100+RRoadUSB/Bigram256/IndyAGA, mediator+pci cards
CD32 TF360/IndyAGA
Plus an SGI O2 & consoles.

Offline tabuhuso

• Show only replies by tabuhuso
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 10:37:01 AM »
ATX power don't have tick signal for A3000...
Old Amiga repair service.A4000+ppc604e+macrosystem montage set,pegasos2,Draco,all amiga models...
http://www.commodore.gen.tr

Offline MrZammler

• Show only replies by MrZammler
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:06:12 AM »

tabuhuso wrote:
ATX power don't have tick signal for A3000...

No need to, actually. Flip a jumper on the motherboard and it will be provided from the A3000 itself.
Anyway is the only way

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
Anyone requiring PS/2 SIMMs can get various types (2 to 32 MB 60/70 ns, EDO/FPM) for FREE from me. PM for postage from Germany.
I've also got tons of 1 MB 30-pin - 4 MBs are out, sorry.

@Nathan
The ZIPs you're offering are - as you can easily see - 4x 256k = 1 Mbit chips.
Surely that's "128 KB" but that won't take you anywhere by itself. 16 bit machines need sets of 4 for 512 KB RAM - as stated - and 32 bit ones require 8 chips for 1 MB.

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 08:47:23 PM »
 Are these 30-pin SIMMs compatible with any A1200 accelerator? I thought that only the 72-pin ones are compatible.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 10:29:29 PM »
Nope, but they may be compatible with other Amiga hardware (A2000 SCSI controllers et al).

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »
 I see. Ok.
A1200 PPC user.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:18:20 AM »
Ok...

The CD really is free, it is not included in the price. I buy packs of 50 at a time, and it only costs me about AUD$0.27 per CD from memory, so it's no big deal. As for the software, I don't think any of it is PD, freeware etc. Before you start frothing at the mouth :-P (EDIT: this comment is NOT directed at weirdami specifically), keep in mind that many (if not all) of the people that produced the software no longer exist, or exist in a different form, and have no interest or stake in Amiga at all (and haven't for quite some time). It is software that I have downloaded from the net over time, for my own use. Once I had collected quite a few games etc, I thought why not share this, and save people some time, as obviously it takes a while to find and download hundreds of files. Now, since I am NOT selling the software on the CD, or even the CD itself, I am NOT depriving anyone of income, royalties for their work etc, etc. So all the usual arguments about "software piracy" etc, simply don't apply in this case. However, if I get too much of a headache/complaints about the free CD, I'll stop offering it. It's just a way of saying "thank you" to the people that buy stuff from me. There are some games on there (the Cinemaware ones) that are 100% legal, as they offer them for download from their website (God bless them)...

Regarding the A3000D adapter cable, someone rightly replied that the tick signal can be generated from the M.B. by moving a jumper - it tells you exactly which jumper on my website  :-) In regards to my adapter cables, I need to update my website, as instead of a loop of wire hard wiring PS_ON to GND, I now install a jumper. This makes it easier to fit a switch, or the jumper itself can even be used as a crude switch.

Regarding the wee 128k ZIP chips, yes you do need to install in groups of four on a 16-Bit application. So they are no good for a 32-Bit application, unless you only need four more. I can also get as many of these ZIP chips as anyone needs, if you want to max out your application.

Still on the topic of ZIP RAM, I've got some new Toshiba TC514400Z-80 IC's on the way to me right now. These are 1MBx4, 512k each. So you need to intall in groups of four (or eight for 32-Bit?). I will be selling them in 2MB lots (four IC's per rod).

My fingers hurt :-P

Nathan

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 01:42:03 AM »
The CD really is free, it is not included in the price. I buy packs of 50 at a time, and it only costs me about AUD$0.27 per CD from memory, so it's no big deal. As for the software, I don't think any of it is PD, freeware etc. Before you start frothing at the mouth , keep in mind that many (if not all) of the people that produced the software no longer exist, or exist in a different form, and have no interest or stake in Amiga at all (and haven't for quite some time). It is software that I have downloaded from the net over time, for my own use. Once I had collected quite a few games etc, I thought why not share this, and save people some time, as obviously it takes a while to find and download hundreds of files. Now, since I am NOT selling the software on the CD, or even the CD itself, I am NOT depriving anyone of income, royalties for their work etc, etc. So all the usual arguments about "software piracy" etc, simply don't apply in this case. However, if I get too much of a headache/complaints about the free CD, I'll stop offering it. It's just a way of saying "thank you" to the people that buy stuff from me. There are some games on there (the Cinemaware ones) that are 100% legal, as they offer them for download from their website (God bless them)...

Well all that makes it perfectly alright then. Whew. I'm pretty sure the Cinemaware stuff was made available ONLY on their site, as opposed a free-for-all to anyone looking to add value to their products without the worry of having to come up with something on their own.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 01:59:18 AM »
*lol* Ouch. I feel a headache coming on :-P I never really thought of it as value adding, I just thought that people would appreciate it...maybe I was wrong :-(

Any other opinions?

Nathan

Offline TheMagicM

• Show only replies by TheMagicM
    • http://www.BartonekDragRacing.com
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 02:36:15 AM »
my opinion is that if you have software on that CD that is copyrighted I'll delete your link.  Free or not.
PowerMac G5 dual 2.0ghz/128meg Radeon/500gb HD/2GB RAM, MorphOS 3.9 registered, user #1900
Powerbook G4 5,6 1.67ghz/2gb RAM, Radeon 9700/250gb hd, MorphOS 3.9 registered #3143

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 03:09:56 AM »
Nuff said. Since I am not sure as to the status of some of the software (there is just too much to check :-S), I will no longer be offering the "Free CD".

However, I'm still interested in people's opinions on this :-)

Nathan