Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eBay sucks!  (Read 7112 times)

Description:

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
Re: You have to wonder...
« Reply #89 from previous page: September 08, 2007, 08:14:59 AM »

On another note, I finally managed to win a hard drive for my A500!! Of course, it set me back $150, but that's still fairly reasonable.

LOL. The same person that well over a week ago stated that paying more than 100 USD for an A500 harddrive is ridicilous, now thinks that 150 USD is fairly reasonable. Isn't that ironic?

I guess that makes you a well off prick now. And you are certainly not a true Amiga fan anymore.

Offline BGary335

« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2007, 06:24:45 PM »
Speaking of pricks....

As I said to orange, fools should learn to be content in the knowledge that everyone knows their fools, and stop trying to prove it.

On another note of stupidity, I got an e-mail from a Doomy trying to justify spending that kinda money on a set of A10 speakers. Doomy isn't well liked around here, is he?

You know, folks like Dooomy, murple, and doc give the Amiga community a bad name. Then again, I guess every village has its fool, or fools in this case.
PC Dude Computer Support-For help with all your PC issues!

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2007, 08:23:19 PM »
You don't have to prove to me that you are a fool; I know you are :-D

Offline BGary335

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2007, 08:30:30 PM »
Someone better call the fire dept. His brain is on fire from all the thought that one took.  :-D

Offline gdankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by gdanko
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »
What grinds my gears is people who get free gear locally then turn around and put it on eFraud for a pretty penny. That sounds like a Doomy move!

Offline Tron2k2

• Show only replies by Tron2k2
    • http://www.pbronline.us
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2007, 05:00:28 AM »
I love those!  Then I get it for free :-D  I'm not above swooping up a valuable item from the dumpster from time to time ;-)

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2007, 05:25:36 AM »
So long as you dont exploit others by charging exorbitant prices for stuff you got free.

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2007, 08:03:44 AM »
gdanko wrote:
What grinds my gears is people who get free gear locally then turn around and put it on eFraud for a pretty penny. That sounds like a Doomy move!

I have to admit that I'm about to do something like this.  I came across a guy that has just a disturbing amount of Amiga equipment in a shed that he's letting me take.  However, I am taking the time to clean and test the equipment before I send it out.  It's good stuff, and I feel honestly that my time is worth whatever the items will fetch on eBay, at the very least.

But then, I'm not picking up a known good, working system, raping it for parts, and then putting it on eBay for $100.

Offline Fester

• Show only replies by Fester
    • http://www.rdmsnippets.com
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2007, 04:18:43 PM »

LoadWB wrote:

I have to admit that I'm about to do something like this.  I came across a guy that has just a disturbing amount of Amiga equipment in a shed that he's letting me take.  However, I am taking the time to clean and test the equipment before I send it out.  It's good stuff, and I feel honestly that my time is worth whatever the items will fetch on eBay, at the very least.

But then, I'm not picking up a known good, working system, raping it for parts, and then putting it on eBay for $100.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Offline BGary335

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 04:22:33 PM »
I agree, so long as you let the items fetch what they will. In other words, start the items at fair prices and let the people decide what they want to pay, instead of starting the price ridiculously high, or setting a reserve, which in essence tells the buyer what to pay, instead of allowing the buyer to bid on his own terms.

Offline McVenco

• Show only replies by McVenco
    • http://www.amigascene.nl
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 05:47:09 PM »
gdanko wrote:

Although I don't dislike ebay, I have to completely agree on this one. Here in Holland there are also a few people, who try to nick Amiga hardware on a local ads website (marktplaats.nl) for not too much, and then selling it on ebay for a LOT of money. Just check the Amiga auctions from Holland. Most of the time they only have a Buy It Now option with ridicolous prices.

And those high prices are not what bothers me, but the fgact that they keep on buying everything, leaving not much for other Amiga fans in Holland, or forcing them to pay way too high prices as well.

So, johan4771, wfgnijhuis, cyber.info, StereoMike and whoever you are: leave something for other people (REAL fans like me) as well. I just want to have it for myself and don't want to make any money with it. Damn you!
| A4000 | CS-MK3 060@50 | Picasso IV |
| Member of Team Amiga (tm) | FidoNet 2:286/414.18 (long ago) |
| SysOp The Missing Channel BBS | Member of AGA BBS Intl. |

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2007, 08:27:32 PM »
Anyone who does this does not deserve to be a member of the Amiga community. This includes YOU Doomy, I know you're reading this. You have quite a reputation for stripping all of the good bits out of systems and selling them without letting the buyer know what's missing. You are a disgrace to the Amiga community and it's no wonder you've been banned from every forum except your own.

I don't care who engages in this behavior, it is deplorable.

By the way, did you ever tell the buyer of the 2500 it was missing its accelerator?

Offline Chubbyrain

• Show only replies by Chubbyrain
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2007, 10:42:08 PM »
I owe a debt of gratitude to people like the above poster for rooting out these people from Ebay. I could have easily purchased one of his 'almost complete' machines.

I enjoy using Ebay, but always check here first as I'd rather throw some dollars at a good deal here to help a fellow user afford something they are looking for, rather than into the pockets of someone out to make large profit at the expense of the community.
International Beer Taster

Offline sdyates

• Show only replies by sdyates
    • http://VintageGameSite.com
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2007, 12:49:39 AM »
One of the reasons why I have decided not to list on ebay is that there is so much dislike.

I am getting rid of so many of my Amiga computers and peripherals so please take notice so I don't have to go ebay.

For those in the Toronto area, pickup avoids shipping and I do have lots. Please see my posts and comment here or send me a message.

S
1 x A500, Hi-toro 4000 :)
1 iMac OSx, 1 Mac Mini
1 Wintel 03 svr

http://www.RetroGameAndComputer.com
http://www.BassFishing-Gurus.com

Offline Chubbyrain

• Show only replies by Chubbyrain
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2007, 01:37:13 AM »
So, how much for that non-starting A3000?

International Beer Taster

Offline sdyates

• Show only replies by sdyates
    • http://VintageGameSite.com
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2007, 01:49:45 AM »
Make me an offer, though I was hoping for a local buyer because shipping will be somewhere between 40-60.

I sold a working one last year for US$400. Is $200 nuts?
1 x A500, Hi-toro 4000 :)
1 iMac OSx, 1 Mac Mini
1 Wintel 03 svr

http://www.RetroGameAndComputer.com
http://www.BassFishing-Gurus.com