Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne Gaming  (Read 2340 times)

Description:

Offline Atheist

• Show all replies
Re: AmigaOne Gaming
« on: February 13, 2003, 08:59:30 AM »
I've been going to "Electronics Boutique" for 7 or more years. And what I 've noticed in the last year is that PC game production is on the decline. PS2, xbucks and to a lesser extent Gamecube/GBA are getting all of the titles. I think there are more $$$ to be made off of the "turn tv on/start machine quick" systems, than the ones where turn on power bar, computer (my machine 90 seconds), load cd, possibly hunt through menus,  then start game.

On the AmigaOne, games could autoboot right off of the cd-rom. If the game was previously installed, then the disc would just be there, to tell the computer which game you picked (or floppy, because you can't put in a cd while the power is off, but if the machine is already on, in some other game, you can pick a different disc, then re-boot into that game). It will be faster than 20 seconds for the computer to start. People will like that.

My point originally was, I think the PC games flow is seriously slowing down, this gives us a WINDOWS of opportunity, maybe as big as one year to show that we're about fun and games, as much as SERIOUS SW capable.

Amiga! Let the GAMES begin!
\\"Which would you buy? The Crappy A1200, 15 years out of date... or the Mobile Phone that I have?\\" -- bloodline
So I guess that A500, 600, 1000, 2000, CDTV, CD32, are pure garbage then? Thanks for posting here.